We needed a one night stopover in Columbia on a longer road trip, so we booked largely with price in mind. I was expecting my search to come up with some dodgy low-end hotels, so you can imagine my surprise when I found this Country Inn with one of the lowest rates in town. I've stayed at Country Inns in the past and liked them, so I was very happy to stay in a very nice hotel and really save some money, too. This particular Country didn't disappoint, and the quick stopover ended up being the most comfortable, pleasant hotel on our entire trip.
Check-in was pleasant and efficient (including a warm cookie), with no hassles even considering we arrived an hour early. Our room was fairly standard but nice, with a big and very comfortable king-size bed, flat screen TV, desk, chair, etc. Our floor was very quiet, allowing us to sleep restfully without any disturbances. And the room came with a minifridge and microwave, something that came in handy when our dinner at Coley's ended up being too big to finish and we brought our leftovers back to the room. Very nice to have.
Breakfast the following morning was free and tasty, with many hot and cold options. We built our own biscuit egg and sausage sandwiches, made waffles, and had yogurt and fresh fruit, so there was quite an array of different foods. We ended up not having time to check out the pool area or fitness center, so I don't know if those were any good.
Columbia was a pretty fun town, and this Country Inn was a great base for exploring it. All the hotels are kind of on the far east side of town, so I recommend heading down to the District to stroll around; we did and had a very good time. The hotel is also not far from Rock Bridge State Park, which was definitely worth a short hike. The Country Inn had everything we could have wanted in a hotel, and the price we paid for it was kind of a crazy bargain. Why pay more for a place that's likely not as nice? This is absolutely where I'd return if I were in Columbia again.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Columbia
- Country Inn & Suites Columbia Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Country Inn Columbia
- Columbia Country Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're a business travelers,a vacationing family, a tour group or a prospective student, you're sure to find the comfortable accommodations and ideal location you need at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia, MO. The hotel's location near Interstate 70 places you an easy drive from the downtown area's vibrant District, where you can dine and shop before a Tigers game at the University of Missouri or a bike ride along the Katy Trail. Get energized for a busy day by working out in the on-site fitness center and dining at the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet. If work brings you to the area, take advantage of the free high-speed Internet access, on-site business center and event facilities. Make your reservations online today and prepare for an unforgettable stay at the Country Inn & Suites Columbia. **Please note that the pool and whirlpool will be closed from February 24 to March 6th, 2014** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.