“Nice place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Beloit, Wisconsin, Usa
“Nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia is a decent hotel at a decent price. Quiet. Clean. Decent bathroom, not cramped. No issues. Was only there overnight for a birthday party, which was accommodated quite easily. Wait staff very nice and helpful. Good food catered. My daughter (9) loved playing in the pool with her cousins. Grounds are well-kept, nice looking. Breakfast bar was really good, with chefs on hand for omelettes and other hot food as well as traditional cold continental (moderate cost). Lobby really nice and spacious. Bar was very accommodating. All in all, very decent value. Would stay again anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ramanpuri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn, we would like to thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with your guest room and with your event. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel's finer details, and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kansas city, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a really great stay, This is in a new area and is very nice. I used the fitness room and pool, the staff and other guests were polite (no riff raff). It's in a peaceful area so I went out for a run, lots of trees and grass and sidewalks. Bass Pro shop is right next door and I walked over and looked around.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ramanpuri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to take advantage of the surrounding area for shopping and recreation. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I rarely have an opportunity to stay in Columbia, it is usually St Louis or KC. But I was here for a couple of days for business, & got a great price room rate for this hotel. I have stayed at several Hilton Gardens around my territory, and have always had good stays at this chain. I got the same quality service I have with other Hilton Gardens. In general the rooms are quiet, and the hotel "seems" secluded, even though it close to Bass Pro Shop & a few minutes from downtown area. The only issue I had was I had a room with a "hot tub" in the bed room that was my first time with a room like that. The first night I was there, it got very loud. I had to crank up the TV set to compensate. I could not figure out at first where the noise was coming from. Then I saw the vent over the hot tub. My best guess is it was noise from room above when they were using the shower. This went on for about 15-20 minutes then stopped & it did not repeat the next night. So in that instance, sound carries really well, but the rest of the time the room was quiet. Restaurant service and food was very good. They had marble rye, something I don't see very often at the breakfast bar, but appreciated along with the fresh fruit.

Room Tip: If quiet is critical to you, don't get the room with the hot tub in the bed room. The vent above...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn, we would like to thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and that our property maintained consistency with the Hilton Garden Inn brand. We are sorry that the running water sound disturbed you, and we will have maintenance inspect this to correct any underlying issues. Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay.
Columbia, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've stayed in the Columbia Hilton Garden Inn on three occasions. On this particular occasion, I was so tired and on the opposite side of Columbia, so just took a room at a major brand there. Needless to say, by 2 AM I had checked out because the other hotel was so run down. Their paper thin walls and doors that lead a gap to the hallway were like spending the night in a frat house. I checked out and headed across town to the Garden Inn where I enjoyed a sound sleep. The room was clean and comfortable as I expected. Hilton Garden Inns are my favorite mid price hotel chain and this hotel meets all their standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn. We are sorry to hear that you had a rough night during your trip to Columbia, but we are glad that our hotel was able to provide some relief. As a Hilton property we are held to the highest standards, and we are glad that you were able to benefit and get a great night's sleep. Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay.
St Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was very impressed with the condition of the room. It smelled clean and the bed was comfortable, I had the impression that the sheets had been ironed and loved the down pillows, I slept like a baby. I now understand why people recommend the the Hilton as a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are very glad to hear that the condition and cleanliness of the guest room exceeded your expectations, and we want to thank you for review of the Hilton Garden Inn. Our staff takes great pride in preparing our rooms and we are glad that you were able to experience the product of their hard work. Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Everything you would expect from a Hilton property We recommend this property highly. Very comfortable. Loved the lobby. The conference center is a terrific property. It's comfortable for all day meetings. We will return

• Stayed September 2013
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn, we'd like to thank you for your feedback. Our property is built for meetings and conferences of all sizes, and we are glad to hear that you had a positive experience during your event. We look forward to your next stay.
Saint Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My favorite hotel in Columbia: near where I need to go, easy to find from I-70, and near shopping and restaurants. The staff is very helpful and knowledgable. The food, bar, and breakfast buffet is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and that our guest service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!