“New HGI - Excellent but far out of town.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 25%
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Brooklyn, New York
“New HGI - Excellent but far out of town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here at this new (about 1yr old) HGI. It is located on the other side of I-70 from Columbia next to a Menards home improvement store and Cabelas (as well as a Ruby Tuesdays and Lone Star Steakhouse). It is a bit hard to get to from I-70 but the GPS got us there fine. The stay was excellent. Staff were friendly and customer service oriented. The room was excellent as was the AM breakfast. One of the better hotels in this chain.

• Stayed June 2012
ramanpuri, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our facility. We are minutes away from two major highways making it easy access for guests that are traveling. Thank you again for the high remarks and please come re-visit us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel was pretty and looked nice. We recently stayed here two different nights on two our round trip. I booked the hotel through Hotels.com. Each time we stayed they put us in Smoking rooms even though we asked for Non-Smoking. During my second check in a man next to me was also checking in and did receive his Non-Smoking room. I can only assume that the other man was some sort of Hilton rewards status. What gives? The Smoking room ruined our stay at this hotel. We will not stay here again. The nice gentleman that checked me in the second time told me "the room hasn't been smoked in much" and "we ionize our smoking rooms", well, it was obvious that this employee had not ever stayed a night in room #425. The room stunk of smoke and ruined our stay. Too bad this otherwise nice hotel ruined so many of it's rooms with smoke.

Room Tip: Do not book here unless you are a Hilton rewards member of high status if you actually want to be pl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
My sincerest apologies for us not placing you in the non-smoking room you requested. We make every effort to accommodate each guest’s room request and are sorry we didn’t succeed with your request. Non-Smoking is a preference and canot be guaranteed but it helps to checkin early.
Please consider staying with us the next time you are in the area. We will do everything we can to ensure we place you in the requested room. Thanks again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I blocked a set of rooms for my wedding. I had several guests told over the phone that reservations coul be cancelled up to 48 hours in advance. I had a guest who was suddenly unable to attend and needed to cancel well within the 48 hours. She was told that she could not because it is really a 7 day cancellation because it was under a block of rooms. She reminded them that this was not what he was told. They told her she was wrong and literally told her they did not believe that this had happened. It would be one thing had I misinformed her but the hotel was completely unwilling to take responsibility for their error going so far as to call her a liar. I will not be using or recommending this hotel to anyone in the future.

• Stayed June 2012
All our group bookings require a 7 day cancellation notice. In this case we did make an exception and cancelled the room despite the policy which was made clear to all that booked the room. I wish you would give us a genuine review as we did go out of the way and cancelled the reservation for this guest.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Simple and to the point here - GREAT place to stay in Columbia. Beautiful property, clean, good food.

One standout employee was Richard who was our server at breakfast - attentive, professional, personable and gave us great service.

Thanks Hilton Garden Columbia!

NOTE - eco friendly property which is great, only drawback is motion activated heat/AC. One recommendation I would give to the property is to put a thermostat in each room of the suites. Our suite had the thermostat in the living room, so the bedroom got hot until we walked in the other room and activaded the sensor to make the AC work. :(

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was a good experience. We value all of our guest responses. I will inform the Restaurant Manager of the great service that you received from our staff. I apologize for the A/C not being as accommodating as it should and we will try to make your next stay with us a pleasurable one. Thank you again, we look forward to your next stay.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed at hotel due to a nearby conference. The overall hotel is great. Location is convient to the interstate and highways. Two Resturants are right across the parking lot. My only complain is with the beds that hey hotel is using. They are adjustable firmness but no matter what setting I used the mattress appeared lumpy and too firm. As a result I tossed and turned and didn't sleep that night. Be aware there is also a charge for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012
We are glad you liked our facility. The beds are adjustable and have baffles which air activated by air displacement. The Dial can be set from low to high according to firmness. The bed contour to your body. It sometimes helps to get out of bed and then set the dial. As for breakfast we have one of a kind breakfast with fruit bar and cook to order hot bar. Its worth the small fee and if you are HHONORS Gold or Diamond and can be complimentary.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The hotel is located in an industrial area of Columbia, MO. Located in the rural part of the county with nothing nearby but the hotel. I attended a business conference, also the conference center is detached from the hotel, outside across the parking lot. Overall the hotel was clean and parking was plentiful. Be aware this is a smoker’s delight hotel. Smoking is supposedly permitted in designated rooms only. I am not a smoker and the room I stayed in was clearly marked non-smoking. Upon entry into the room it was obvious that the prior guest smoked in the room especially in the bath room. I contacted the front desk and they sent housekeeping to spray the room but it still had the smokey odor. I forwarded an email to the corporate office since Hilton Guest Satisfaction Guarantee signs are posted in the room. To no avail the hotel wins on allowing smokers in all rooms not just in designated area. It’s a smoker’s paradise at the Hilton Garden Inn-Columbia, MO. If you don't smoke this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Stay on main floor in corner suite near the exit door. Less second hand smoke likely in these rooms...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response, I apologize for the odor of smoke in your room. We try our best to accommodate all of our guests’ preferences. We do ionize all of our smoking rooms as well as non-smoking rooms when necessary. We will try our best to ensure that your next stay with us is a non-smoking room. I appreciate your review as we ensure that proper policies and procedures are taken into affect with all of our guest rooms. Thank you.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a verg good hotel, the staff is awesome and the property is first rate! Restuarant food is good and the bar is wonderful!

The only problem I have is that the internet is very slow.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay. Our staff is well trained and provide excellant customer service and our chefs of the American Grill are top of the line.
I apologize for the technical difficulties with the wireless internet. We do have 24/7 tech support available if you ever have trouble. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!