“GREAT customer service...noise non-issue” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
san diego, calif
“GREAT customer service...noise non-issue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

We are pretty picky when it comes to hotels and we do a lot of traveling and we really enjoyed this property. It was ideal. We brought our 4 month old and requested a suite, it was roomy, clean, and perfect. The bed was comfortable, with lots of different pillows and our room had two TVs too, and a pull out bed (if needed). All this plus breakfast for a reasonable price! The employees were awesome...the breakfast crew was super efficient and very polite as well as April at the front desk (she let us check in early!! Awesome!) They really strive to make this a quality hotel. They also have a nice little afternoon snack time.

I will address the noise issue...it is there. But, a lot of the hotels in Columbia are on the freeway...none seem to be near campus. But, we just put on the fan and could not hear the freeway at all...so it was just fine, not worth not staying here. Plus, I am sure they would have moved us if we requested a non-freeway side. We are definitely going to stay here again....they truly are working very hard to make this #1....I think it is!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Des Moines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

This was our second stay at the Residence Inn in Columbia. A year ago, our stay was perfect, but this time, we had serious issues with the air conditioning system. We were relocated to three different rooms, and all three had problems with the air. The air would never run long enough to cool the room to the set thermostat temperature, nor would the fans continue to run despite being placed on that setting. Beyond just bad luck, I think the HVAC units are starting to show their constant use, despite being just a couple of years old.

Our AC odyssey was the only drawback, but a serious one given the warm temperatures that made our two nights there largely sleepless. If you stay here, make sure your AC works properly, and ask for a room not facing Interstate 70 (the south side of the hotel faces I-70.) Hotel is extremely clean, and breakfast is great, and Staff is attentive, but they just didn't have the expertise to make fix the AC and thus make this a good stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Non-working air conditioner
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

After reading the review about this hotel being noisy, I almost didn't book it for us... boy am I glad I did! We had a great experience!

We arrived pretty late and checked in around 11pm. Check-in was fast and we arrived in our first floor room. The room was very pretty and obviously fairly new. We had a queen suite that had a full kitchen (stove, full fridge, sink, microwave, sink, dishwasher). The queen room was adjacent to the bathroom area which had a seperate dressing area. The suite had a sofa bed in the living room/kitchen area that was comfy enough. The entire suite was extremely clean and quite lovely.

I'm typically a light sleeper, but I can't say that I heard the traffic from the interstate that night. I recall waking up the next morning and making a point to listen for it... I COULD hear it then faintly, but it wasn't obnoxiusly loud??? I'm fairly sure we were on the interstate side though... maybe we were further away from it? We were in and out so quickly that I didn't take note.

The breakfast area is one of the best I've seen. They had the usual fare of pastries, cereals, but also offered scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and fried potatos. Glass coffeecups, stonewear plates and bowls and silverware were a nice touch. Made you feel like you were at home instead of eating off of styrofoam. The breakfast room staff kept everything replenished in a timely manner and cleared plates quickly as the guests left.

Overall this hotel was excellent! I can't imagine staying anywhere else. If I HAD to nit-pick, I'd say that it was a little awkward to watch the front desk person going through someone's laundry (that they must have sent in for drycleaning) on the front desk. It was adjacent to the breakfast area so that seemed a little odd and maybe TOO much like home ;)

• Liked — Decor and breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Commerce, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

We are huge fans of Residence Inns, and stay in them with our eight-year-old every chance we get. We had high expectations for this hotel being that it was new. However, we were very disappointed with our stay. The hotel was situated near a lot of good restaurants, but was very close to the freeway, which kept us up all night. Also, there was an exterior light that illuminated our room in spite of the curtains being drawn. The hotel, complete breakfast and pool were all very nice. The fitness room has only a stationary bicycle and treadmill, though. We would probably not stay at this particular hotel again, but would choose one of the hotels (Candlewood Suites) on the other side of the freeway that are located a bit further away from traffic and hence, do not suffer from the same noise problems.

• Liked — room set-up
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

The staff was wonderful and accomodating. The front desk clerk Tanisha was gracious as well as Susan or Suzette ( I believe that's her name she's the events person). Although we had lots of questions we were never made to feel that we were asking too many. We were there for our daughter's graduation and although we won't be back anytime soon our stay was always plesant at the Residence Inn. They make you feel like part of the family there and I recommend it to anyone visiting Columbia, Missouri.
The breakfast was good as well as the evening meals. At the Residence Inn you definitely get your money's worth!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — The friendly atmosphere
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Warrensburg, Mo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

We stayed here the night of April 24 the night before my father my having surgery at the hospital close by. The staff and the two bedroom suite we had were awesome! Friendly, quick check in and great space and amentities in the room! We will stay here again for sure.

Stayed May 2007
Lawrence, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

We were on an extended road trip and stayed at the Residence Inn in Memphis the day before our stay here. We were so impressed with that property that we decided to stay with the Marriott again.

The staff was friendly and accomodating but we were a bit disappointed with our one bedroom suite. While comfortable, it did not compare with the Memphis property. However, I still would not have had an issue with my stay if I hadn't had the feeling that the cleanliness was a little lax. I found stains in the bottom of a "clean" glass and there was trash still in the trashcan beneath the sink. While there was nothing drastic, I felt there were probably more issues than I could see with the naked eye. I'm not normally a stickler for cleanliness but I was a little grossed out by the residue in the glass.

• Liked — The staff was friendly and helpful.
  • Disliked — The cleanliness was a little sub par
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!