“THE hotel to stay at in Columbia!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Omaha, Nebraska
“THE hotel to stay at in Columbia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

One of the best hotels I've stayed at - very nice, clean and the rooms were very modern. Microwave, fridge, wireless, etc. Right off of the interstate, so it was easy to get anywhere I needed to go. Great hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This Courtyard is a cut above - it's large, newish and the rooms are nicer than we have found in many Courtyards. We had a microwave and fridge, wireless internet, and more than the usual amenities. This is the closest Marriott property to the University, and it's well away from the hustle and congestion around I 70 exits. I would stay here again the next time I come.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a nice stay. The hotel was sold out, but yet it was quiet and clean. The pool was nice (very small though) and the hot tub was nice and warm!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The next time I need a hotel in Columbia, I will be staying here. The rooms were very clean, nice and updated. The staff was friendly, and the lobby is great! Starbucks is in the lobby too! A good market is also in the lobby, and the breakfast looked great even though we didn't have it. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2012
Warsaw, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

An overall very positive experience. Check-in was smooth and we got the type of room we requested. It was clean and spacious and was exactly as represented on the website. The lobby and other amenities were also clean and in good condition. The Irish Pub style restaurant that was attached to the hotel had average food and good service so no complaints there either. The one issue we had was with breakfast. Our reservations included breakfast for "2 adults and children under 12." We were charged by the in lobby "bistro" for our 2 year old's breakfast and were told that it was not included. This was corrected at checkout when I questioned it. We were credited her breakfast and they were very professional and polite about it. All things considered, a nice stay and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor was very busy. Avoid it if possible.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I had the opportunity to spend 9 days at the Courtyard by Marriott in Columbia. My friend invited me to visit Columbia while he was working in Emergency Management, not a place I knew well. The hotel was a wonderful respite in the time of turmoil of flooding and tornados.
As mentioned by other reviews the staff are fantastic, many of the staff have been their since it opened many years ago and you get the family feeling as they are a close knit staff. Given I don't drive in America so I was virtually limited to the hotel and surrounds during the day. The breakfast was something I looked forward to each day, a small buffet, but a good choice of healthy food and the choice of hot breakfast changed daily. The coffee was great and the coffee bar was open 24 hours. If you are around the hotel at 4.00pm look for the warm cookies at the reception desk, they go quickly! For exercise I really enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and spa pool. Just next to the pool is a courtyard with comfortable lounges and umbellas and tables and chairs, it was a great place to relax and mix with other guests over a cold beer, I meet so many interesting people. The rooms were clean and very comfortable and the house keepers where excellent in providing any extra's you needed for the room. When it was time to leave it was difficult to leave the "staff family" as they looked after me so well during my stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My daughter, a prospective Mizzou student, and myself were greeted at night by a cheerful front desk employee who checked us in quickly. The lobby was somewhat busy, decorated very tastefully, and very modern. There was a quiet hush of conversations that felt very inviting, not overwhelming. Our room was very clean, modern and the beds were super comfortable. We got a great night's sleep, shower and delicious breakfast from Starbucks in the lobby the next morning. I am a Columbia native, but we've lived in Colorado for several decades, and I will stay at this hotel in the future, rather than impose on relatives and sleep on a fold-out couch. We were refreshed the next day to visit Mizzou and see family! Also, the housekeepers were extra friendly and always smiled and said hello to us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family