“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Columbia
Alabama
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights to attend an event at nearby University of Missouri. We found the hotel to be in very good condition, and seemingly fairly new. The desk staff was very friendly and the lady on duty our second night was even nice enough to let me borrow her cell phone charger....thank you again! The room was very spacious with a pull out sofa, fridge/micro, and comfortable bedding. Breakfast was good in the AM and the attendant was friendly. Mizzou is only 5 minutes or so away. There are interior hallways and one elevator. Plenty of parking. Restaurants are a very quick (2 minute) drive, but not walkable.

Negatives were outweighed by positives, but we did note two: 1) our room had some interstate noise as the building is very close to the exit/overpass...I would recommend the front side for light sleepers; 2) there is a nice indoor pool, but no hot tub. I typically only use the hot tub, so that was missed. But, these are relatively minor negatives.

Overall, I would recommend highly for the convenient location, new condition, and excellent staff.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear your stay was wonderful while in Columbia. We hope you come back and see us again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and professional. Room layout was one of the better designs. Some rooms did not have Wi-fi coverage so we had to change rooms. The indoor "heated" pool was ICE COLD. My husband needs a pool because of back and leg issues. Will consider staying there once the pool heater is repaired.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your response. Our pool has been out of order due to a maintenance issue and we are working hard to have it up and running this week. We apologize for this inconvenience and are sure they next time you stay with us the pool will be nice and warm.
Mountain Home, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This property has only suites, but they are priced very competitively with rooms at comparable places. The suites are not opulent, but are very comfortable and well-appointed. The suites are not large; they are arranged in a line-first obviously is the foyer with adjoining bath, then a sitting room with flat-screen, fridge and microwave, and nearest the window is the bed.

The furnished breakfast is adequate, with eggs, bacon, bagels, muffins, danish, waffles and yogurt. Obviously cereal, juice, bread, etc. are there, along with an attendant that keeps everything stocked.

It was a quiet evening, even though the location near I-70 (and being in town) might suggest otherwise. The staff was very friendly. The only "complaint" I could muster is the single elevator is painfully slow. All in all, a great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to hear you had a positive experience and glad to hear from our guests that we are competitively priced with our surrounding hotels. It is only through the eyes of our guests that we are able to provide 100% guest satisfaction for everyone and we hope to see you again soon!
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed in the Comfort Suites four nights and enjoyed the experience very much. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. I will stay here the next time I come to Columbia to visit my daughter.

Room Tip: Stay on the parking lot side of the motel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerry G
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and we do hope you visit us the next time you are in the area.
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The entrance to the hotel is on an upslope. Not that easy ot push a luggage cart up to the front door. Not a big flaw, but a flaw. Then the room. Two queen beds as promised. But one was right up against a wall and the a/c unit. You cannot exit this bed from that side. Another design flaw. Otherwise, the place was clean with the usual breakfast. We did have a service issue that was poorly handled, but that's a small transitory issue. We've had better experiences at other Comfort Suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests so we can make improvements for a satisfactory stay. I am sorry about the service issue, I hope everything was taken care of and if not, please do not hesitate to give us a call so we can make it right. Thanks again!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a LONG day of driving from Chattanooga on my way to WY, I needed a Great room and I got it. The staff was great and accommodating. Room was clean and VERY comfortable. Breakfast was typical but well made. It will be my stay on my way back.

Room Tip: Lower floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your response! I am elated to hear your stay was wonderful and we would love to see you again soon!
Lemont, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

To Whom This May Concern:

I am following up with feedback to my stay at the Comfort Suites in Columbia MO. Let me begin by saying it was far from comfortable. Let me begin by saying I had called the Hotel in advance, it took numerous times to finally get through to a hotel operator. I called to let them know I would not be arriving till late on 8-24-12. Upon arrival I was given the handicap room which was fine however when I went to use the bathroom I practically fell off the toilet due to the toilet seat wasn’t even attached to the toilet. When housekeeping came in the morning to clean the room I asked if she knew about the toilet seat and she said she did and let the front desk know about it. Now how can you give a room out to a customer when you have that issue at hand? I was very fortunate not to have hurt myself and who knows what would have happened if a person was handicapped in that room…..So when I went down to the front desk to let them know they didn’t even know about the situation, they gave me another room which was had a musty smell. I again went down to the front desk and told them about it and was told its probably from the air conditioner. I have done plenty of traveling and never heard that for an excuse. Also, this hotel seemed very run down and not very clean either.
I am not very happy with my stay and will not be staying in the future at any Comfort Suites.

Hopefully this feedback gets back to them so other customers to don’t experience the same thing I did,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Erin G, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your response. We apologize for the inconvenience the maintenance issuses had caused you and your family while on vacation. Please contact the hotel directly so we can discuss this matter further.