“Mediocre Mexican in a Run Down Building” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Pleasant Grove, Utah
“Mediocre Mexican in a Run Down Building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am a huge fan of mexican food and after seeing nothing but positive reviews for La Terraza I figured I'd give it a try even though I was in Missouri. First of all, the restaurant is in a hard to find location and when I pulled up I wasn't even sure it was open. The awning is ripped and the place has an air of abandonment.

The service staff was friendly and helpful and the menu made it obvious that this is very heavily "americanized" mexican. Their salsa was just a small step up from being tomato sauce.

I ordered the Californian burrito and while the serving was huge, it was also a major disappointment. All the flavors were bland and I ended up leaving the burrito half finished.

All in all, I guess it was silly of me to expect quality mexican in Missouri, but then again, one of the best mexican restaurants I've visited was in Salinas Kansas.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Columbia, Mo
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to this grill twice in the past few weeks and both times the food was excellent. I had the enchiladas al carbon which were perfect both times and I will try the tacos al carbon next time. There were six of us the first time and everyone only had raves. The service on the first trip was slow but the manager came over and apologized. On the second visit we had no complaints about the service. The restaurant we went to is a new location at 1412 Forum Blvd. which has been open about 5 months. They are both owned by the same people.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Erasmus44
Columbia, Missouri
“best of all the mexican in como”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I used to eat at El Maguey and El Jimador, which both seemed to go downhill. I've also tried El Rancho and La Margarita, and La Terraaza is our favorite mexican food in Columbia.

• Visited January 2013
EJ22988
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A little hard to find in the industrialized area. We were sat promptly, and service was quick. The menu had a convenient Spanish/English food term section. We had Guacamole Mexicana, which was chunky with slices of jalapenos and fresh warm tortilla chips. The dinner plates were generously sized, and their take on shrimp ceviche was sweet, sour, cool, spicy and all around delicious. The server was also kind enough to let me practice my Spanish with him, and even had some suggestions for our trip!
Definitely recommending this place.

• Visited January 2013
“Best Mexican in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great food and the new location is one of the cleanest Mexican restaurants I have been in. I am something of a Tex-Mex connoisseur and love this place.