“Clean, always a good stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 S Providence Rd, Columbia, MO 65203   |
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbia
“Clean, always a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stoney Creek Inn is always a nice clean hotel stay. The staff is always very friendly and the breakfast is pleasant. It is a quick drive to Univ of MO. Always enjoy my stays here. The only thing they do not provide is conditioner, which they may if you ask, but I had my own. No big deal. Bring your own hair dryer, it takes forever with the ones in the room (as is the case with all hotel hair dryers).

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
O'Fallon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel! Room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Hotel was very nice and clean as well. Complementary breakfast was excellent. Great options and variety of food choices. Would love to stay at this place again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rockville Centre, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ok, so perhaps I am a hotel snob, but the Stoney Creek Inn was just sooo.. cheesy. I was reluctant to book the room, but there were very few rooms available in Columbia for the dates I needed and my husband thought it might be a fun change of pace to stay at this hotel. We always stay at four or five star hotels or resorts when traveling, so this was a stretch from the get go. Upon arrival, get this ladies, my husband said he made a mistake! Perhaps that was worth the stay alone! Being the finicky, clean freak that I am, I often have difficulty with the cleanliness of hotel rooms. This was not the case at the Stoney Creek Inn. Upon check in, the room was very clean. Once we spent one night, however, the maid did not clean up well after my husband made coffee and the sink was left dirty. I guess the idea is to set the standard upon check in and after than you are on your own. The gym, I use that term very loosely, was a huge disappointment. If you just want a very quick run on the single treadmill, I guess it will suffice. There was also one recumbent bike, an old, rusty, noisy eliptical trainer and I believe one step machine. There was one all-in-one weight machine, that again, could do if you are totally set on doing some lifting. You'd probably be better off going on a nature trail in one of the area parks for some exercise. My husband used the hot tub once and said it was fine. He also said the coffee available in the room was pretty good. The breakfast was sparce. I didn't go, but my other half picked up a small yogurt and an apple for me. He had the choice of an inedible bagel or a very lame muffin. In case you're wondering, he took both, took one bite of the bagel and threw it away. The generic, tasteless, small muffin was the big winner! Go out for something to eat, is my advice. So, make up your mind if the Stoney Creek Inn is the place for you. Kids might get a kick out of it. My 52 year old sister won't stay elsewhere when in the area. Go figure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear adios….Thank you for sharing your perspectives on your recent visit. Obviously one person’s ‘cheesy’ is another’s ‘charm’ as your 52 year old sister would no doubt attest. Our apologies for the less than stellar housekeeping experience regarding the sink/coffee clean up; please know that this failed to meet our own expectations. Also know that we are taking steps to upgrade our exercise equipment. Finally, we get many positive reviews on the quality of our breakfast items, so I’m not sure why the choices your husband made were what you say they were but in any case, we are very sorry you didn’t get the full benefit that our loyal guests have come to expect. Thank you for taking the time to share and have safe travels!
Boulder
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Columbia, MO for business and this hotel was recommended to me. It is definitely a better hotel for families and kids. I literally came from a business trip in NYC so upon arriving here (and being told that this was a nice hotel) I had completely different expectations. It reminds me of a touristy hotel that you might see at the Grand Canyon. The location was good for my business meeting, but the hotel decor is definitely goofy. Very touristy. Looks like a hunting lodge with wooden accents and big beams. But, kind of a run down cheesy hunting lodge - one that has a gift shop with snow globes and Mizzou key chains. The room was clean. I liked that they had a microwave in the room (that is nice for families or vacationers). I have been to Columbia once before (on a family trip) and stayed at a really charming Bed & Breakfast within walking distance to town. That was really cute and convenient. I'm forgetting the name. But I think that was less expensive and significantly more of an upscale experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My son and I stayed here recently. He liked the rustic atmosphere. We stayed in one of the pricey two room units with a separate bedroom so my son had a private place to sleep. The bathroom jacuzzi was nice for his evening soaks before bedtime. Unfortunately, the door to the bedroom also included the bathroom, and the wall between the bathroom and bedroom does not go up to the ceiling everywhere, so I needed to move quietly during the night when I wanted to use the bathroom while sleeping on the pullout sofa bed in the front room. The unit was spacious; it is more than enough room for two people, six people could sleep in the space easily if bunk beds were available beyond the bedroom bed and pullout sofa bed. The kitchen has plenty of room, yet it lacks facilities for cooking beyond a microwave oven. The unit has more than enough space to have a stove/oven, or at least a cooktop, I'm surprised that neither were present. The pool/hot tub are very nice. The breakfast buffet was inconsistent. One day, I felt like we got an adequate meal; the other two days, the waffle iron wasn't available, and the hot food choices were not vegetarian-friendly (e.g., biscuits and gravy). I was disappointed for the price I was paying that the breakfast didn't offer real juice, just juice drinks. The hotel literature indicated that the onsite Antler Lounge was open in the evenings, but I never found it to be open during our stay. Exercise room is OK, but it would be better if it had barbells/dumbbells. Large cable TV selection. There is a playground within walking distance.

Room Tip: My preference is top floor (the hotel has below-ground rooms, ground level, and second and third flo...
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Angola, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great place for families. Pool is on the small side as is the weight room though in this area it's nice that the pool has both indoor and outdoor accessibility. Decor is slightly dated, but the facility is well kept. Full hot breakfast is a welcome surprise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Clever, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family and I recently stayed in this hotel, not because of being on vacation. But, due to the fact my husband was having surgery at the University Hospital on the MU campus. The first night we stayed, check in was a breeze, the night clerk gave us a recommendation for dinner at a local restaurant that turned out to be wonderful. The most important thing was the room was clean and the beds were comfortable! The hotel has a lot of charm even if it does have a lot of Mizzou items hanging around, the log cabin feel is very diffinite!! They have a wonderful hot and cold breakfast offering everything from French Toast to Waffles to Eggs and cold cereal. Even though, we never got to use the indoor/outdoor pool area, it seems to be well used by other guests. The only problem that I encountered was on our second day there, when I came back from a long day at the hospital and found the room had never been cleaned nor did housekeeping even take the dirty towels that were laying on the floor. I contacted the night manager and she immediately took care of the problem and even helped me by allowing me to change rooms. She even helped with the move. Even on the last day of our visit, they allowed us to have an extended check out when we were unsure if my husband would be released from the hospital. Overall, a wonderful stay for very little money!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Columbia? Share your experiences!