“Ok hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 W. Business Loop 70, Columbia, MO 65203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Quad Cities, IA
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel was in a good location and was able to "name my own price" so the value was very good.

Beds are very hard and the pillows leave quite a bit to be desired.

The front office/check in staff were very courteous and helpful and the room was clean and large. The kitchen with full size refrigerator was nice to keep stuff cold for cooler.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beaufort,MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

When we first walked into the room, it was clean and smelled really good, in an illegal kind of way. It smelled like marijuana and crack cocaine. Since then, I've been trying to find that Glade scent, with no luck. Once we got the waffle maker going and ordered pizza, and those scents mixed in, I don't think anything smelled better. It was very spacious, as it was able fit 6 people in it, though not exactly comfortable. The beds were bad quality for rural China, which was probably good for us, since there was no arguing over who got a bed. All of the cups and dishes and pots and pans were very clean. Overall, our room was better than I expected. As I said before, it was really clean, but we did trash it. We didn't throw the TV out the window, to our credit. Nor did we punch a hole through the drywall. Looking at our room, I thought, "This is only like the 23rd worst hotel in Columbia, not the 29th"Overall, I would say it was better than expected, but we expected to encounter druggies and maybe hear a shooting, so exceeding my expectations were not hard at all. Oh, and the staff was really nice, too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

We read the bad reviews but gave it a try anyway! Planned on staying for 2 weeks. Room was dirty, beds were very hard, electric went out for several hours during the night, staff not real friendly, no staff after hours, not very handicap friendly (doors don't open automatically at entrance), elevator didn't work in morning...I could go on. Checked into la quinta the next day and wasn't disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012

Kirkwood, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Well, I requested extra blankets and I was told that I had enough as is. My bed had bugs and I got bitten, a lot. I woke up to find tiny bugs biting into my scalp which itched and I had to get rid of those. The bathroom had maybe half a role of tp. There was one bar of soap for the shower, and sink. There were dirty ice cubes in our freezer and there was a really loud ac unit that kept us up all night. I don't understand how this place stays open. It's crap. The location is also really out of the way of anything. It's pretty far from where anyone would need to be while in Columbia.
Don't stay here. I'm still itchy while im writing this, and I stayed 2 weeks ago.

Room Tip: Just dont go here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

As this hotel's manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We've spent many nights at this hotel over the past several years, but this was the last time. It was a busy weekend in town and this was the only place that had availability for 2 nights. The level of service has hit a new low. We were only fooling ourselves to believe that our advance reservation with request for an upper level room away from the elevator would be honored. We were placed in a ground floor room with a pick-up truck parked approximately 6 feet from the bed. The manager was surly, argumentative and non-apologetic. The customer is apparently NEVER right at this hotel. Do yourself a favor-- don't spend the night at this place unless you prefer noise and curious odors. Spend a little more if you can and get a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., responded to this review, July 12, 2012

St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

When we pulled into the parking lot there was a pile of vomit in a parking space. The building, decor & rooms are all worn & needing updates. Our Room was spacious & had a functional kitchenette. The bathroom was large but it was all outdated, smell like smoke & our comforter had cigarette burns. I was kind of scared as we were on the bottom floor. When booking I was under the impression this was a hotel that catered to extended business travel so I thought it would be clean & quiet & that we could forgo the amenities it lacked for one night. Splurge and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2010
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., responded to this review, November 15, 2011
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Georgetown, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

It was grad time so this was about the only place with 2 nights available. On check in, they have me a room that looked over the park across the street and by the end of the stay, I was thinking the park bench looked pretty good.

Non-smoking room - I think it was designated that when we checked in - the previous people were heavy and clumsy smokers - the room stunk bad and there were cigarette burns on the furniture and the carpet.

No pets - had the cleaning staff been a bit more diligent they would have noticed that besides the mold in the bathroom, the bed spread was covered in dog hair (golden lab, I believe). Not sure - but there was also bugs - woke up with both arms and much of chest well chewed on over the night

Kitchenette - they will not clean your dishes, but they also will not leave dishwasher soap. There are no clean towels provided except at checkin. No room service but once a week. There is no soap or shampoo

Broken shelves in the bathroom, lamp shades so old they are cracked. The staff couldn't even manage a smile or a howdy as i was checking out from the other side of the bars on the window.

This place ranks as one of the 3 worst hotels in all my 30 years of travels - and the other two had vermin problems - this one just was a hotel in dire need of closing and being re-staffed

Room Tip: go elsewhere. Anywhere. Go to Jefferson CIty maybe
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.

Address: 2000 W. Business Loop 70, Columbia, MO 65203
Location: United States > Missouri > Columbia
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Columbia
Extended Stay Columbia
Columbia Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.