“Never again! Bad reviews are usually right!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.

Orbitz.com Ext. Stay America
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 W. Business Loop 70, Columbia, MO 65203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 36 hotels in Columbia
“Never again! Bad reviews are usually right!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

We read the bad reviews but gave it a try anyway! Planned on staying for 2 weeks. Room was dirty, beds were very hard, electric went out for several hours during the night, staff not real friendly, no staff after hours, not very handicap friendly (doors don't open automatically at entrance), elevator didn't work in morning...I could go on. Checked into la quinta the next day and wasn't disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., responded to this review, July 15, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kirkwood, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Well, I requested extra blankets and I was told that I had enough as is. My bed had bugs and I got bitten, a lot. I woke up to find tiny bugs biting into my scalp which itched and I had to get rid of those. The bathroom had maybe half a role of tp. There was one bar of soap for the shower, and sink. There were dirty ice cubes in our freezer and there was a really loud ac unit that kept us up all night. I don't understand how this place stays open. It's crap. The location is also really out of the way of anything. It's pretty far from where anyone would need to be while in Columbia.
Don't stay here. I'm still itchy while im writing this, and I stayed 2 weeks ago.

Room Tip: Just dont go here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

As this hotel's manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We've spent many nights at this hotel over the past several years, but this was the last time. It was a busy weekend in town and this was the only place that had availability for 2 nights. The level of service has hit a new low. We were only fooling ourselves to believe that our advance reservation with request for an upper level room away from the elevator would be honored. We were placed in a ground floor room with a pick-up truck parked approximately 6 feet from the bed. The manager was surly, argumentative and non-apologetic. The customer is apparently NEVER right at this hotel. Do yourself a favor-- don't spend the night at this place unless you prefer noise and curious odors. Spend a little more if you can and get a good night's sleep!

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., responded to this review, July 12, 2012

St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

When we pulled into the parking lot there was a pile of vomit in a parking space. The building, decor & rooms are all worn & needing updates. Our Room was spacious & had a functional kitchenette. The bathroom was large but it was all outdated, smell like smoke & our comforter had cigarette burns. I was kind of scared as we were on the bottom floor. When booking I was under the impression this was a hotel that catered to extended business travel so I thought it would be clean & quiet & that we could forgo the amenities it lacked for one night. Splurge and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2010
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., responded to this review, November 15, 2011
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Georgetown, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

It was grad time so this was about the only place with 2 nights available. On check in, they have me a room that looked over the park across the street and by the end of the stay, I was thinking the park bench looked pretty good.

Non-smoking room - I think it was designated that when we checked in - the previous people were heavy and clumsy smokers - the room stunk bad and there were cigarette burns on the furniture and the carpet.

No pets - had the cleaning staff been a bit more diligent they would have noticed that besides the mold in the bathroom, the bed spread was covered in dog hair (golden lab, I believe). Not sure - but there was also bugs - woke up with both arms and much of chest well chewed on over the night

Kitchenette - they will not clean your dishes, but they also will not leave dishwasher soap. There are no clean towels provided except at checkin. No room service but once a week. There is no soap or shampoo

Broken shelves in the bathroom, lamp shades so old they are cracked. The staff couldn't even manage a smile or a howdy as i was checking out from the other side of the bars on the window.

This place ranks as one of the 3 worst hotels in all my 30 years of travels - and the other two had vermin problems - this one just was a hotel in dire need of closing and being re-staffed

Room Tip: go elsewhere. Anywhere. Go to Jefferson CIty maybe
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

First, I will tell you the positives: the staff (especially the manager on duty) were extremely cordial and helpful--particularly when asked to refund the money for the next 3 nights that we had paid for, so we could find a decent hotel to stay in. The second positive is that we did NOT SEE any bedbugs, although if I was a bedbug I would call it prime real estate! We had 3 rooms and the rooms smelled of smoke, although they were supposed to be non-smoking. Lifting the rather thin mattress to check for bedbugs revealed a collection of dirt, dust, and hair--but at least NO Bedbugs! There were no hangers in the room and no hairdryer, no disposable cups, no internet. The beds were hard and the pillows (just 2 on the bed) were thin and flat. If you are solely looking for a roof over your head and you don't much care about comfort or cleanliness, then this is the place for you. It is cheap, but you get exactly what you pay for. You can do much better at the EconoLodge--super comfortable beds, heated indoor pool, free breakfast, clean rooms, high-speed internet--all for about $30 more a night and well worth it!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbia - Stadium Blvd.. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I've stayed here twice on my numerous trips to Columbia since my son moved here. I live this hotel at Thanksgiving because we usually bring semi-prepared feast to share with my son. I like the full kitchen with frig, microwave, and electric stove burners (with all cookware, etc.). The staff is great and very helpful. I didn't notice any noise issues. Everything you read about the beds is true. Hard as a rock...my youngest sleep on the floor with a blanket because it was softer! We only stay a couple of days at most, so it's tolerable but they really should replace those mattresses and the ratings would improve.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd.

Extended Stay America Columbia
Extended Stay Columbia
Columbia Extended Stay
Address: 2000 W. Business Loop 70, Columbia, MO 65203
Location: United States > Missouri > Columbia
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Columbia - Stadium Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later