“Amazing Confections!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
San Francisco, CA
“Amazing Confections!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

What a charming jewel hidden inside of downtown Columbia, MO! I stopped in Columbia for business and asked about some places to visit, and I was told of a chocolate shop. Since I love chocolates, I decided to give the place a visit. I was amazed at the selection (hundreds of candies) of confections for sale and was told I could go to the viewing room to watch them being made. I walked up a magically decorated stairwell to the viewing room and watched a team of confectioniers make chocolates by hand and by machine. The whole place looked like Candy Land with custom painted walls, I'll take my kids if I get back in this neck of the woods.

The service was great, I ended up buying way more then I anticipated. At my hotel I ate the turtles, sea salt caramels, and some artisan chocolates, they were all as good or better then anything I find on the West Coast. Actually, I guess the caramel was the best I have ever eaten, very soft and tasty. I got my kids the chocolate potato chips and some chocolate oreos, they were devoured upon receipt by the kiddos.

I don't Trip Advise very often, but I highly suggest checking this place out if you are ever in Columbia, MO.

Visited February 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm an chocolate alcoholic. What a selections of chocolates, truffles, hard candy, coffee cups, popcorn, few items of baby clothes, napkins, etc. Purchase a box of mix creams, cover chocolate cherries and other chocolate candies. Since we don't live there I'm taking extra care to have a piece of their chocolate once a week, very hard to do. Hope to get back to Columbia again and diffidently stop in, if not thankfully they have a website that I can order from. Just don't the same as walking in.

Visited December 2012
“Fun boutique type shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I always stop by here if I need to pick up a little gift for someone. They have a large variety and several specialty items and some cute knick knacks and baby things toward the back of the store. Really fun and highly recommended. Oh and I live in the area.

Visited May 2012
RALEIGH NC
“I love chocolate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

i loved the wide variety of candy they make especially the chocolate Nonperils that are a rare Scottish candy i almost never find in the USA I bought 10 lbs and still have half.

Visited July 2012
Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Average Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Was there a viewing room? Supposedly they advertise that you can watch them make candy, but I didn't notice anything of the sort. The shop is okay, and the chocolates were average. I certainly wouldn't go back for them. The turtles consisted mostly of nuts, I prefer more caramel and chocolate.

Visited March 2012