Let me start with the good. The front desk staff is very friendly. They were nice on arrival and each time I came and went from the hotel they welcomed me with smiles. This hotel is also located in an extremely convenient location right at the intersection of Highway 70 & 63. There are plenty of places to eat and get services including a grocery store in walking distance. The bed was sufficiently comfortable for sleeping with supportive pillows.
Now the bad. The hotel is not very clean. It is pretty rundown. The staff, though nice, have no uniform and wear t-shirts and jeans that make the first impression one that is decidedly not professional. The manger is nice but his family literally sit on a bench in front of the front desk all day. There is only a small hallway into the hotel where this area exists. You are always feeling the need to excuse yourself as you pass in front of an elderly man who sits there with no shoes literally all day long.
My room was in need of updating. The grout was pretty dirty in my bathroom. There is only one bar of soap for showering and hand washing. It would be very awkward to stay here with multiple people using the same soap. The furniture is very dated as are the cabinets in the kitchen area. My room had a table/desk that was pretty beat up and an office chair that was functional but not very nice. I found myself skeptical of using the TV remote because from the overall look of the room, I couldn't be certain when it was last disinfected.
I noticed the room had a very specific smell. It was disinfectant meets old smoke maybe? I am not sure but it reeked of "seedy hotel" smell. I found myself hoping that I would not take that smell with me as I went out.
In the end, I won't stay here again. It was not a completely unpleasant experience but the oddities were just too much. The cost was $49 a night. I probably should have splurged on a nicer place in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience our new 'Comforts of Home' bedding collection. At the Candlewood Suites Columbia, Missouri Hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Big and built for comfort, it's the ultimate suite for the business traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with two separate phone lines-check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free DVD and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. We are conveniently located off I-70 at Exit 128A, just minutes away from the University of Missouri and Columbia College. The Candlewood Suites Columbia Hotel is also close to many attractions including Katy Trail, downtown Columbia and area hospitals including Columbia Regional, Boone Hospital, and University Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Suburban Extended Stay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Candlewood Columbia
- Columbia Candlewood Suites