“Extremely low expectations were met” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Royal Inn Columbia to your Saves list
Royal Inn Columbia
Royal Inn Columbia
1800 I-70 Dr SW, I-70 at Exit #124/Stadium Blvd, Columbia, MO 65203 (Formerly Motel 6 Columbia)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Boston, Massachusetts
“Extremely low expectations were met”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

First of all, the profile picture of this hotel is wrong. This hotel is a single, 3 story building. It is as disgusting looking though. The only reason we stayed here was because it was the last hotel room available for a Missouri football game. Our rate was $79 for the Saturday night. We weren't in the hotel other than to sleep. When we arrived, the lady that helped us was nice, but it was her 2nd day. She was obviously overwhelmed and not 100% sure what she was doing. Her manager was also there helping. She was also relatively nice but extremely frazzled. She was on the phone talking to a customer, checking in another customer, and helping her front desk agent who was new all at the same time. When we were told our room wasn't ready (we did arrive early, so this was understandable), they recommended we go get a drink. Presumably, this was so our sense of smell and sight wouldn't be at 100% when we saw the hotel room. We passed and went to a Starbucks for a coffee. The room was ready about an hour later. When we returned to pickup our keys and go to our room, it was exactly as you would probably imagine. Small, bare, and smelled bad. I can say that this room is better than the Days Inn next to it because I have also had the unfortunate pleasure of staying there. The room served its purpose. Nothing was stolen from the room. We were alive the next day when we woke up. We didn't have bed bug bites or catch any communicable diseases (that we know of).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We thought we were getting the one with te good reviews when actually we were in this little honey hole. It was decently clean but no hair dryer, breakfast, shampoo, or king beds (obviously it wouldn't fit in the cell sized room) thankfully it was quiet and next to the red lobster which was great. We were so exausted from traveling 11 and 1/2 hours we slept fine but next time will check our locations.

• Stayed August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Which it was. Stayed there homecoming weekend 2011. All other hotels were sold out unless you wanted to go to Jeff City or Fulton. Went with some girlfriends. We were honestly pretty nervous about staying there so the good news is, we survived. Yes, it was sketchy and not great but hey, no bedbugs and the people were at least nice. If your expectation is that it's going to be nasty but you need a place to sleep that's dirt cheap you shouldn't be too disappointed. I have to admit I don't regret that I didn't stay at a hotel that was quadruple the price. However, I would not stay there if I was a female traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I got in at like 11 pm so I got one of the last available rooms on the top floor. It had just rained, and the carpet in my room was soggy. So, not only did my socks get wet, but I was also undoubtedly breathing in mold, since I doubt that's the first time that room has flooded from rain. (I examined the carpet and it was basically rotting along the edges.)

On the other hand, the night cost me barely over 30 bucks, and the motel is convenient to the Interstate and accepts your dog, so there are advantages.

The other thing I would add is that it's in a sketchy area and you kind of fear a little bit for your personal safety, so if that's an issue for you I'd recommend paying more money and finding a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Kennett, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

we stayed here one night and had no complaints. room was clean as was facilities, definately reccomend, was right price and conveniently located.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Southwest Motel 6. This hotel was convenient right off the freeway. It was a day after a big storm and the computers were all down. The clerk couldn't get the credit cards to go through by phone or computer, so she gave us and one other person rooms for free. I'm not sure it was worth it. The carpet and bedspread were beyone filthy. We made sure not to touch either with bare skin. We knew the sheets were clean so we stayed. There was so much deferred maintenance I wasn't sure the balcony above our room wouldn't come down if someone were to walk on it. I would not stay again nor would I recommend anyone else to stay here unless they do a major renovation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!