“There are better places” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
CUT BANK
“There are better places”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is an older facility, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, like an old movie actress, it appears to be trying to hide the advancing blemishes by lathering on more and more makeup. There needs to be some time and money put into renovation. The bathroom was that nauseating shade between '50s yellow and '60s avocado. That might be forgivable, but the rust on the plumbing access door near the toilet, and the light spotting which appeared to be mold, are not. The mattresses were flimsy, mushy, and just plain uncomfortable; and the pillows had absolutely no "body". The facility is well-hidden in a hollow behind a gas station and the access road is small and virtually unmarked. One really has to hunt for the way into a facility which was not worth the hunt. Go someplace else.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

First room had wet carpet; second room smelled very stale. Totally dated 1960's decor and no outside windows if you are so "fortunate" to have an inside room which face the pool. Like being in a fish bowl. Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The room was clean, the hotel is a little older. most of the rooms face the pool and common area. I was awakened by the smell of bacon, which isn't bad, but rather not have been awakened by it. Maybe they need a better venting system.

Room Tip: Most rooms face the indoor pool, there are a few on the outside.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Warrensburg, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this place while in Columbia for work. The other hotels were completely booked. That should have told me something. The place even looks skeezy and dark. My boyfriend wouldn't even let me walk up to my room alone. The entire wall, facing the pool area, is made of glass. There's a curtain that guests can close over the glass wall, but, at least in my room, a full-length mirror is positioned in a spot that allows a passerby to be able to see the reflection of the bed through the gap. I had to lean a chair against the curtain to avoid such. I scooted the table away from the chair so I could use my laptop while watching the TV, and the table leg broke. The rooms are old, and the carpet is stained. The pool area is nice. It's as if they came into some money and just spent it all on the pool, instead of where it was needed, in the rooms. The worst part of all is that I contracted ringworm from this place. I've stayed in a lot of different hotels, and I would sleep in my vehicle before I ever stayed here again. DISGUSTING.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My sister and I met there, it is half way between St. Louis and KC, as we each live in one city. The hotel is in a great spot, easy to find. The rooms are older, true, as someone else commented. The heating system could be updated, but it was CLEAN, the linens and room and the beds were all comfortable...but what makes the hotel is the staff. They really bent over backwards to make us comfortable, and I saw them doing the same for others too, not just us. We all know you can spend a ton more and stay somewhere shwanky, but that wasn't my goal, a nice place to visit my sis and my dog came with. Jamie at the front desk was so helpful, and the room was just what we needed. Next time we go, we are getting a bigger room and staying longer. thank you Quality Inn for a nice place that didnt break our budget and gave us a great spot to visit my sis.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the parking lot cause i brought my dog, no complaints, except the heater could...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Osage Beach, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was booked here for weekend educational seminars by my sponsoring entity for Saturday Feb 9th and booked the 8th on my own as to not have to change hotels. We got back to the room after dinner on Friday. The room smelled horrible when we entered it and appeared dirty. The furnishing were peeling laminate and burns on them. In the bathroom ceiling tiles were out of place and horribly stained from previous water leaks.Put sodas in small fridge on floor that was on the floor and door scraped on carpet.The door to the room did not easily open with the key card and then did not close properly without force. Could not get the room warm even with the thermostat set 15 degrees higher than desired and listening to a very loud heating system. The bed was as hard as a rock. Also left my belongings on top of furniture as I was afraid something might crawl in to them. After trying to some sleep without success due to all the above we finally decided to just book a room at another hotel we knew was clean and livable. Notified the front desk we were leaving and why. Young man at desk was pleasant and asked if we wanted another room. I told him no as had seen other rooms through windows and they were just as bad. They young man suggested I contact the manager and talk to her about the rooms condition.He checked us out at 1 am and was told there would be no charge to my credit card or my sponsoring entities due to our problems with the room. Could not print me a receipt so had him write up a handwritten notice of no charge. We went to the other hotel and were welcomed promptly and got a clean room with a bed that I was able to get a few hours of sleep in prior to classes. You would think this was the end of it but later received notice of charge to my card. Called Quality Inn and desk staff said I and my sponsoring entities cards had been charged when I checked in Friday night. She stated the young man at the desk "was not too bright" and that is why the charges were not removed (the young man had told me he was unable to print receipt due to time and computer upload). She did remove the charges and e mailed me the receipt but seemed distracted and said she could not talk to me as she was doing a discharge and gave me general manager's e mail to contact.I will never recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbia and will warn them to stay away!!!! I have never stayed in such a horrible hotel even in a third world country.

Room Tip: There is no good room. Others in my group were in other room in facility and could not cool the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in...For the most part, the staff seemed unfriendly and unconcerned and didn't seem to know procedure when it came to checking in. The room had stains on the wall, peeling paint and holes in the ceiling that had been patched very crudely. They put us in a room that opened to the outside because we asked for smoking but the heat didnt work well at all...Mind you it is in the teens in Missouri! A nice staff brought us extra blankets but used the excuse that the room was on the outside of the building..They need to get their heat fixed! The room was very outdated...this was more like an econolodge than a Quality Inn...and the rooms did NOT look like what is on the website. One bright spot was a very nice man from housekeeping named Hank. Other than that I am totally upset that I wasted my time and money at this hotel...I could have stayed at Super 8 or something! Don't make the same mistake I made, especially in the winter. It was so bad I recommended to friends that came into town after I did, to stay some where else.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, dont stay HERE!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!