“It was... Okay... I guess.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Memphis, Missouri
“It was... Okay... I guess.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Upon arrival I was a bit taken back I had read that is was old but had no idea. Some paint wouldn't hurt the place any. We checked in the front desk was nice but the girl didn't seem to know what was going on, got the key and went to the room. The only way to access our room was from the outside, which always makes me think twice about a place, also two large glass windows look outside, which is nice for looking out through but also nice for looking in through. Looking over the room it was okay, door needed some paint the deadbolt worked atleast, the metal latch on the door had three of the 6 screws loose, tightened them myself. all the tights worked but the place still seemed a bit dark even with them all on. Bathroom was okay water was nice and hot, the hot water knob had been redone at sometime and not redone well, the person used way to much calk when redoing it. Also black stuff, assumeing some kind of mold or mildue was plainly visable in the corners of the shower. The floor looked clean, only found one old piece of what appeared to be bacon, after putting on a new pair of socks and wearing them around the room for 5-10 mins I kicked back on the bed for some relaxing tv. I looked down at the bottoms of my socks, and they were black, covered with dirt! I have two children, young children 3 and 1. I had to follow the 1 y/o around and make sure that she didn't eat anything off of the floor! The pool, likely the best part of the whole hotel! The water was warm and the kids loved it! Only 1.5 meters deep at the deepest so not all that fun for me to swim around in standing at 6'1". Havent gotten to eat breakfast yet but I know that if I don't write this not that I likely will not end up writing one. Hope that this review gets seen by the right people!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Branson, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel is a dump. The outside hallways have obviously been flooded - just look at the stained carpets and mold along the edge. We asked to be moved to an inside room near the pool on a Friday night, but was told that is was difficult to move us because all the rooms were rented the next night. But they weren't! The place was nearly empty. Conclusion: very few of the rooms in this hotel are even rentable.

In our first room, the door wouldn't lock properly and bugs crawled out of where the shower head was(n't) attached to the wall. The carpets felt wet, and the moisture/mildew smell was overwhelming.

The pool area, which looks so beautiful on the website, was disgusting. A dozen layers of peeling paint on the pool deck sticking to your feet and getting in the water and a green pool isn't my idea of luxury.

I spent the weekend trying not to touch anything. And I spent the evening after I got home washing every single thing I took to get the mildew smell out.

Room Tip: Good luck - the best rooms around the pool were empty while all the outside, inconvenient rooms were...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

There are rooms facing the parking lot (enter your room from your car) and rooms facing the indoor pool/atrium. We were first given a room facing the parking lot. They had obviously tried to make it nice with fresh paint and it was pretty clean, however it smelled bad. I have allergies so it was unacceptable. I believe the painters just painted over the air filter at the vent. The front desk clerk was understanding and walked around with me to find an acceptable room. We found one on the inside. The breakfast was very good. Nice restaurant nearby which is open late - 10% discount for hotel guests.

Room Tip: Interior is probably better
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
St. Helens, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here for a week while in town for our son's graduation. We had a pool view and it was wonderful! We often had the pool/jacuzzi/sauna to ourselves. The breakfasts were great: biscuits/gravy, scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage or bacon, pastries, yogurt, fruit, et. There was a pool table and some arcade games.
Staff was friendly. We were within walking distance of downtown and my son's college. He and his wife ended up staying more with us than at their apt.
Free internet, fridge and microwave,great stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here with others attending the ShowMe State Games. The hotel is dated, but the beds and bathroom were clean. $109/night seemed a little pricey for what we got, though. As were leaving the next morning, I discovered our room door opened without a key! I reported it to the clerk upon checking out, who didn't seemed phased at all by this. She said she would report it to maintenance. The lack of concern really bothered me.

• Stayed March 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We took our basketball team to this hotel and it was 95 degrees outside and it was 82 on the thermometer inside the dome. Very hot and humid. We had to switch rooms twice and the third room finally went and bought a fan. Found a nasty piece of moldy pizza in the air vent. Most miserable stay ever. Front desk was busy all weekend with very upset people.

• Stayed August 2010
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Don't be misled by the website! This place is old...rundown and the staff @ front desk rude. We was lied to about our room rates...the rooms are in bad shape...cracks under door which causes draft...most of the staff doesn't speak english so they can't help you...bad part of town...decent pool area but water is green...decent breakfast...Overall.....NOT WORTH $90/NIGHT!!!!! Not even worth $70!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!