“More Than What You Pay For, But Not A Lot More” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbia

You added Red Roof Inn Columbia to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Columbia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East Texas Avenue, I-70 at Providence Road, Exit 26, Columbia, MO 65202-1556   |
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Annapolis, Missouri
“More Than What You Pay For, But Not A Lot More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was travelling on my own for just one night and was trying to save some bucks. Red Roof was near the bottom of the list in cost, but the previous reviews were mostly positive and I thought I would take a chance. The staff were courteous, the room was dated, but clean, and the room was surprisingly quiet. Everything in the room worked and the workspace provided in the deluxe king room was nice. I took a shower at 6 a.m. the next morning and with the water turned as hot as it would go, only got warm water, but it wasn't cold. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice selection of pillows of different firmness. I didn't get the room because of the "free breakfast" and wasn't expecting much, but got even less. The breakfast items are set up in a small alcove at the front entrance smaller than any of your closets at home. I think they would be better served by not offering breakfast instead of this poor excuse.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We needed a place to stay and everything was booked up. We were able to get a room here. The staff, when we checked in were helpful and talkative, but other staff that came after that acted like they could care less if they helped guests. Wi-Fi did not connect and we had to take cold showers in the morning because there was no hot water. We expected a no frills stay, but this was a disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Carol V, I would like to apologize for the problems you endured while staying at my location. I have shared your concerns with my staff and our internet provider regarding the issues you had during your most recent stay at my location and I can guarantee this will not happen again. Thank You again for your feedback and it is my hope you will continue using RRI for all of your lodging needs.
Athens, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have stayed at this Red Roof several times over the past two years. Still comfortable, seems like the grounds are cleaner than in the past but the breakfast offered shrinks with every visit. An exterior entrance design with nice sized rooms and decent beds. Close to I-70 but still quiet. For budget travelers, this place or the Motel-6 farther East are the best choices

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I like certain things in a hotel: Cleanliness, Quiet, Convenience and Comfort.
The staff here was super friendly from check in to check out. I did not eat the breakfast served as the hotel allowed me to sleep in a little late.
Great value! Super close to the venue I was going to without killing my budget.
I was very pleasantly surprised, and when my next visit to Columbia comes, this is where I will stay. The rooms are large, somewhat outdated in decor but if that meant a lot to me there are boutique hotels that you can book that cost far more.
Clean. Quiet. Comfy. Convenient. And friendly! Thank you for making my stay great.

• Stayed April 2014
Crane, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been staying at the Red Roof for years and it is always a joy to be welcomed by the staff and find a room that is Clean, quiet and safe.
The staff are all so friendly and willing to help and make sure your stay is like a home away from home.
Since I travel the state I stay many places, but staying there allows me to relax, work, and be refreshed the next day.
Thank you all, Brandy, Jessica, Trisha, and all the others who clean and maintain the place.
Tony

Room Tip: all the rooms are great but choose a superior, for the added room and work space, So you are not wor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank You for your response and I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. Thanks again for posting your review and we will look forward to seeing you during your next stay in my area.

Brandy Whiteside
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Clean room. No charge for pet. One pet per room. Reasonably priced. Small king size room. Older tv. Newly remodeled room with large nail holes in walls. Great sleeping king size bed. Friendly, professional desk people. Would stay here again for sure.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were impressed with the updated look and details of the room, the amenities (fridge and microwave), and cleanliness. Wish we could have stayed longer! And now I'm just writing more to get this to two hundred characters. I don't want it to get tossed!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!