“Old and smelly” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Columbia

You added Red Roof Inn Columbia to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Columbia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East Texas Avenue, I-70 at Providence Road, Exit 26, Columbia, MO 65202-1556   |
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Waxhaw, North Carolina, United States
“Old and smelly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Front desk guy was very nice. That's the best thing about this motel. Bathroom was old as is the room and furnishings. It just did not feel clean. I recommend looking elsewhere if you can. That's about all I can say about this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed one night here while traveling to KS. I had my boxer dog with me and it was a great place for both of us to get some rest. I'm used to staying in more expensive hotels, but this one was clean and comfortable to get some sleep in. I asked the receptionist if I could stay on the top floor, because I tend to get better sleep when no one is above me. Fortunately, they were filling up quickly, and only had top floor rooms available. She also put me in an area where no one else was around, for better noise accomodation. Great customer service, right off the interstate, and you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Always try to get a top floor in any motel or hotel, if people walking above you bothers you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The MOTEL is conveniently located off I-70 and Route 163. It is a budget motel, with minimum amenities and door that open to the parking lot. But it's great value for the budget price. Our room was very clean and many of the items seemed new - including the coffee maker. The bedding was a crisp white and again clean. They did have complimentary internet that worked well. The front desk was nice and friendly. The rooms do open up to the parking lot, and we had to keep our curtains closed so other hotel guests walking by couldn't see inside our room. If you just need a clean place to stay for the night, this is a good bet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The location was convenient and the price was very reasonable. I stayed on Friday and Saturday night and it was very quiet. My room was very nice (being one that was recently remodeled. I like having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Also, like other Red Roof Inns, this one is pet friendly. The also had a little breakfast area with muffins, bagels, bread, coffee and oj.

Room Tip: Select a superior room over a standard room. The incremental cost isn't very much, but you'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

While recently traveling cross country, I stopped at the Red Roof Inn Columbia to get some rest before resuming my travels. I mainly chose the hotel based on proximity to the interstate and affordability. It was both of those things. However, the experience turned out to be very dissatisfactory when the room directly next to mine was rented out to over 25 people throwing a party. Over the process of nearly 2 hours, I contacted the front desk 3 times to inform them of the people outside my room shouting, slamming doors, beating on the walls, etc. After the 3rd time of calling the front desk, the people finally left the hotel. I awoke the next morning to find broken liquor and beer bottles scattered outside the hotel. What was supposed to be a night of resting before a long day of traveling, ended up being a night of frustrations and little sleep at the Red Roof Inn Columbia. I would not recommend it as a place to stay if you wish to rest as it seems to be more of a place to throw a party.

• Stayed April 2013
Bwhiteside, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I want to apologize for the problem you experienced while staying at my location. I have spoken with all of my front desk GSR's on the proper way of handling situations like the one you experienced during your stay. This disturbance should of been taken care off the first time you called the office not the third time and I can assure you this incident will not happen again. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our group of 20+ rooms were looking for an inexpensive hotel in Columbia, MO. We contacted Red Roof Inn's corporate office to secure our rooms. We were promised to be in the same section if we booked our reservations under our group name. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were not booked together & when asked to be put near each other, the front desk agent became extremely angry & was threatened not to be checked in. I explained that the booked through their corporate office, but she then threatened to kick us all out if we were not happy. I was appalled & have never been treated in such a hostile manner in my life. We will never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
I want to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. It is very hard to place large groups with multipIe rooms in the same area especially on event weekends when we are sold out. The behavior you experienced from my front desk GSR was unexceptable and is not how we handle things at my location and I can assure you it will not happen again. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your group and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

While checking in 2 police vehicles were leaving the parking lot (that contained at least 20 people). The staff was great. The room we got was in the building where all of the construction workers, etc. were and for a one night stay they put us on the top floor. Walked in the room and it was clean and everything would have been fine except for the toilet that would not stop running. Oh, there was also a cup of milk in the refrigerator...We checked in around 11:30 pm and wanted to unwind and sleep...but there was some idiot in a loud truck outside of the room for over a half hour with the sound of the truck bouncing off of the walls and my ears. Definitely very dissatisfied here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for the problems you experienced while staying at my location. I have spoken with my housekeeping satff about making sure they are reporting maintanice problems so they can be fixed immediately. Again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family and I hope you would be willing to give my inn another chance in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!