“Will Stay With Them Again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #12 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Will Stay With Them Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed there for three days since my daughter was getting surgery. The room was exceptional and very clean. They allowed my dog with us and was able to walk with her through the lobby and out the front door to greet people. The staff was so accomodating and the breakfast and the eveniing social was a great way to enjoy the other guests without all the hustle and bustle of a restaurant atmosphere. The housekeeping staff made our room up every night and was great to come to after a long day in a hospital. The Hospitality staff helped us anyway possible and was so friendly. The Dining staff helped me in many ways when my daughter could not eat much they supplied us with yogurt and soup to help her get through her stay. I would reccommend them in a heartbeat. I am a fan of Staybridge and will continue to stay with them in my future travels.

Room Tip: Any room above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Robyn P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thanks so much for selecting the Staybridge Suites and for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to go above and beyond to make this your home away from home. We wish your daughter a fantastic recovery!

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've stayed there a few times and it is always a comfortable stay. Deluxe free breakfast is nice. It is right near the highway, but set back far enough to be quiet. I like how they have full kitchens and DVD players - feels like home. Always friendly staff too.

Room Tip: Familiarize yourself with the intersection this is off of prior to arriving. It is a little tricky...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Robyn P, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoy your time here at the Staybridge Suites! Our Team strives to provide you with the best experience and to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you, again, and making this your "home away from home"!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge when I had a conference for my school. I found the place clean and very accessible to stores, restaurants, etc. The staff was very accommodating, the breakfast and "sundowners" reception were both good and the room was reasonably priced. My colleagues stayed down the road closer to the conference hall and did not have breakfast or anything at night. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, the hotel has a reception with a light snack/meal with salads, nachos, hot dogs, etc, and complimentary coffee, soda, beer and wine.
My room was clean and housekeeping stayed on top of it. I was only there for three days but will definitely return and recommend to friends. It was well worth it.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor which was in ear shot of rooms above and below, but found when I ha...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Le Claire, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The staff who come in contact with the guests are polite. The food is as expected in these situations. However, in Room 105, there is a terrible infestation for bedbugs. The room seemed dirty; there was an old M&M behind the toilet. When we came in the sink and shower were not cleaned out. But when I awoke with strips of bites, I knew we had an infestation. We packed and got out fast, altho we had reserved for anther night. The desk clerk was "interested' and said they would "check it out", but there was no effort to ameliorate the situation. I have traveled all over the world and stayed at modest B&B's and never had this experience. My Dad was an entomologist, a grad of Mizzou; I know about insects. They need to strip the room, steam it all, replace the carpet, bed, bedding, drapery, etc. I just hope we are not transporting them.

Room Tip: I would fear the whole place. Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed there at the end of last year for three weeks as my sister was terminally ill and in the hospital.

The smiles and inquiries from the front desk and dining staff sure made for brighter mornings during a most difficult period for my family. It helped me face the days at the hospital. We are headed back this month for a reunion and will be staying there again. There kindness and consideration will not be forgotten.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are ideal as my husband likes to retire early and I like to stay up into the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I spent five nights here on business in a studio/efficiency suite. I stayed here primarily becuase it was $20 to $100 a night less expensive than the other hotels in town. With the cheaper rates, you will get more construction workers or people like me on a working budget. For the most part we are not very fussy when it comes to our rooms; although, I do not like to find hairs that do not belong to me. Fortunately, I did not experience any problems with housekeeping or maintenance. Upon arrival on a Sunday night, most of the parking lot was blocked off because it was going to be resurfaced. This was completed by Tuesday evening and rather nicely done. The room was clean with no hidden surprises. They had a breakfast buffet with a variety foods for all tastes. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening they have a manager's reception that is essentially dinner with wine and beer. The evening hostess was friendly and worked well with the chidlren (both young and old). The breakfast hostess was not as friendly; however, usually in the morning the folks in the area are not open to a lot of conversation anyway. The pool/hot tub is open 24-hours so after a long day and then working in the room, it was nice to be able to sit in the hot tub at 1am before going to bed. Rooms had a full-sized refridgerator, breakfast bar, two burner stove, a microwave, and mini-dishwasher. Internet access, although slow, was free. You could walk across the parking lot to a TGIFridays for take-out or to grab a bite to eat. A grocery story is located about 4-blocks from the hotel. Overall I had a great experience and that was comparable to the other hotels in the Columbia area. It is a little bit of a challenge to find since it is located behind another hotel. It is within walking distance of the University of Missouri Women's & Children's hospital, so expect families of patients to be staying at the hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 while taking a quick overnight trip to Columbia for an event. The front desk workers were very kind and on first glance the room was quite nice. We have stayed at quite a few hotels, both old and new, but for being so updated, this hotel was very unclean. The toilet in our room needed a good scrubbing, along with the carpet, comforter, and blinds. All very normal things that should be clean but were not. We had a smaller room with a king size bed and a nice jetted tub, but because of the cleanliness of the room I opted not to use the tub. The next morning when housekeeping came around to knock on all the doors, they seemed to scream at the doors after each knock, which was very unpleasant. The free breakfast in the morning included very odd combinations, olives, pudding, canned peaches, along with the normal eggs, toast and muffins. I tasted the eggs, and muffins and just ended up eating toast because it tasted the most normal. The best thing in the hotel was the coffee... We will definitley not be staying here again, and I would suggest that Priceline change the rating on this hotel from 3 1/2 starts to 2.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear CZGreenlee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!