“Nice clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Interstate 70 Dr Southwest, Columbia, MO 65203   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Nevada
“Nice clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a very nice clean place to stay. I've stayed here before and this time had double beds, both were comfortable, love the pillows. The location is also great, easy to get to from the highway. Its close to eating places and close to the Columbia Mall. The staff is friendly. We did not have a fridge or microwave in our room but that was ok. The only complaint I would have is the breakfast, not much. I also had to go to the desk to ask for coffee as it was out and no one was there to replace it. Other wise I have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were booked in a non-smoking king room and when we arrive we found that the whole 3rd floor (including our room) was smoking. The smell was overwhelming.

We back to the front desk and the only way the clerk could get us in a non-smoking was to give us two full beds. Even our new room smelled faintly of mold.

Otherwise, it's a pretty average hotel. No special amenities or anything particularly nice. Breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm usually wary of La Quinta's. Some are good, some are horrible. This one is a good one.

The location is a bit odd to get to, and is a bit isolated, but not bad. The hotel itself is clean and while nothing fancy is in fine shape.

The rooms are nice and clean, and as a bonus there is a fridge and microwave in each room.

The only thing that I was was better is the WiFi; very intermittent at best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was not comfortable during my stay, the place was dirty, the room smelled badly, the check in clerk was inattentive and not very friendly, the sorroundings of the property were not very safe (ie drunks sitting around in the parking lot), the screen on the window was broke and I needed to open it to air the room. If I was part of the LQ corporation, I would not want this location to have my corporate logo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Well it was a Hotwire deal sight unseen. The breakfast was the highlight of the stay, good selection. Overall the place was comfortable but a little tired. Staff was pleasant throughout our stay. Wish there had been more towels.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 1 week for work. Room was clean. Hotel is somewhat dated. Could use some updates but otherwise it was ok. Breakfast was the usual pre made eggs for the hot food and cereal, juice kind of thing. I did have a BIG barking dog next to me but I NEVER complain about barking because I am a pet owner and sometimes travel with my dogs and I understand they can get cranky and frightened when traveling. I am glad that La Quinta is Dog friendly.

Like I titled this review there are no bells and whistles here. I love the La Quinta chain overall and this hotel was just middle of the road for La Quinta.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!