“TOP NOTCH” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
44 Stone Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 315 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Peachtree & Nifong
Transit: Nearby
Description: Mark Sulltrop and Dave Faron's new Columbia "gastropub": Food inspired by the great pub food of the British isles with contemporary American insight. Unique beer, quality whiskeys and wines all at an inviting price. Jolly good, yes yes?
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“TOP NOTCH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Amazing beer & ale selection that changes almost daily. Food was excellent; nice variety w/ an English & Irish twist. This is a place that I will not miss each and every time in Columbia.

Visited May 2013

SW MO
“Great beer selection and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent beer selection and the food was good but not fantastic. The atmosphere was fun and kid-friendly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“Nice Place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went to 44 Stone for a graduation party a week ago and saw some of the dishes that they served and they were some of the best food presentations I had seen in a long time! I was really anxious to go back there and try it out for myself. I went last night with a friend and got the Lamb Sausage dish and again it looked great... but the lamb sausage was different and not what I had expected. The dish did not live up to what it looked like, the week before! But there were other things on the menu that I want to try, so I will be going back. The service was good and we got out meals in a timely manner. It also has a nice outdoor dining area, thats pretty nice!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Took my girlfriend here for dinner the other night, wanted to try something different and keep it local. We got there and was seated with in minutes(which was nice). Took server almost 10 min to get to our table then when I ordered water and my lady ordered tea the server looked at us crazy and said "you don't want any alcohol?" Told her no which was no problem then start looking around and noticed EVERYBODY except kids were drinking. Food was alright once it got there(about 25min). All in all I probably won't go back unless invited or I want to consume alcohol with my meal!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great discovery in Columbia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I admit my expectations of where I'd be dining in Columbia were low. This spot was a fabulous discovery! I'd recommend it to anyone visiting Columbia. The service was super friendly and the server made some great recommendations. I had roasted chicken with brussel sprouts--- simple and satisfying. We shared a pear cake for dessert which was also delicious. My husband had bangers and mashed with mushy peas and he was happy with his choice. I'd recommend reservations. It is quite busy in weekends.

Visited April 2013