“Awsome!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 343 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Shotgun Pete's BBQ Shack is an authentic BBQ Joint...located in Downtown Columbia Missouri. We recently moved into our present location which has indoor dining...a courtyard and sidewalk cate. We feature downhome hickory smoked BBQ...Pulled Pork...Beef Brisket...Spare Ribs....BBQ NACHOS...Loaded BBQ Baked Potato....Pit Smoked Baked Beans...and more! ...plus 5 House BBQ Sauces made in-house! We have been featured in Inside Columbia Magazine twice and once on on the cover! We now have beer ...28 different choices...several are made in Missouri and the Rockbridge Blonde (when available) is brewed right here in Columbia. Come in and relax...and have some GREAT BBQ! Open 11:30 am to 9 pm Tuesday thru Friday....12 noon to 9 pm Saturdays. CLOSED SUNDAYS MONDAYS and Holidays...and maybe sometimes for bad weather. Like us on facebook for updates and stay connected!
Liberty, Missouri
“Awsome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm from Kansas City so I know good BBQ and this is the real deal,Hellfire pit beans were the best I've ever had! I would go back in a second! Workers were friendly and helpful!

Miami
“Really Good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Don't you just love a place where the owner is there...He chats with you about the location, sports, his restaurant, his father, his wife...then there's the food, served up by the two cutest and sweet men Dequan and Lamar. Great food, huge portions, the best BBQ we ended up having in Missouri. A definite stop in Columbia.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic BBQ in downtown Como”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just moved to Columbia and found Shotgun Pete's online. The atmosphere is great, but the servers didn't interact much with us. Food was great and the prices weren't too horrible!

Will definitely be going back!

AirbrushPhil, Owner at Shotgun Pete's BBQ Shack, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I apologise if you felt we weren't attentive enough during your visit. While we do try to check with every customer to verify their meal is satisfactory I would like to take a moment to clarify that we don't have table servers. We have counter service only,
meaning our customers order, pay for, and pick up thier food and drinks at the counter only. We don't serve anything at the tables.
Our crew consists of a cashier, an order prep area, and a dishwasher, and me the Owner/Pitmaster. I am sorry if you missed something during your visit and I encourage you to please come to the counter and ask if you need something during your next visit. We do appreciate your business and welcome to Columbia! Thank you sincerely! :-)
New Castle, Colorado
“Great food great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Yes , experience because this place doesn't just have great food but the atmosphere is great! Every one is so friendly and you can really tell they take pride in their food! Now to the food we had the brisket sandwich with 3 different sauces. We sat outside and Pete smokes everything out there. You need a fork with the sandwich because it is so big and delicious. We also had the potato salad very tasty! The coleslaw was perfect not to sweet but very flavorful. The sides were huge! The best part was the jalapeño backed beans! they were amazing! If you are in the area and looking for something totally authentic try the real deal shotgun Pete's! If you live in Columbia and haven't been there RUN don't walk to shotgun Pete's! oh by the way we had draft beer and it was definitely a 2 beer meal!

• Visited October 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Best BBQ In Central MO.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

For all the people that have been giving Shotguns Petes bad reviews they must not have ever had good BBQ before. We've only been there twice but its been well worth the money Ive paid every time. Really love there friendliness and the atmosphere makes you feel like you're off on some backwoods adventure and just happen to stumble upon a BBQ Joint which is think makes the BBQ experience more authentic and the fact he also buys all his ingredients locally makes it even that much better for me because its keeping money right here in Columbia. Ive been to places that have charged just as much as Petes does and you only get about half the serving size, My only 2 complaints about Petes is. 1: tryin to find a damn parking place *lol* 2: feeling like I need a damn dolly to roll myself outta there when I finish eating. Other than that I have no complaints. Staff is friendly and makes you feel like family when you are in there. Will be making several more visits to Petes that's for sure!

• Visited August 2013