“happy business traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
st. Louis
“happy business traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I love this brand new hotel. The rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable. My room had a microwave and refrigerator and was very quiet also. I had the chance to have dinner and breakfast in their restaurant and the servers were very nice and attentive. I think they must have just opened a few months ago.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Zach L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us and I am particularly appreciative that you gave us high scores in Cleanliness, Value, Sleep Quality, and Rooms. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. We want to excel to in providing good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please stay with us again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

After 2 days of bantering with the front desk staff, repeatedly asking to speak to a manger who was never available FINALLY I spoke with someone that seemed to have a much better understanding of how customer service should work. I am embarrassed that I cannot remember her name but she was fantastic. She went to great lengths to make sure I received my property ASAP once she was aware of the situation. I say you can confidently stay at this hotel IF SHE is still directing the show!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
tammyjsmo, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Thank you for the kind update! We now have procedures in place for the shipment of lost articles! And we are looking forward to your next stay!
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Just a quick review...background, I am platinum with Marriott, Hyatt and SPG hotels. The point being, this ain't my first rodeo and I know what is standard in customer service.
I left some items in the room, totally my fault. I called back within 48hrs, they had the items, I provided my credit card info and was told it would be shipped. A week later they call, saying the items haven't been shipped for a couple reason....both of which were BS. Long story short, I needed the items and requested since they had neglected to ship or to call sooner than 6 days they over night at their expense. I requested to speak to the manager, was put on hold, a receptionist came back on, said the manager was fine with doing that. 20 minutes later I received another call saying they now were not going to ship overnight at their expense. I asked to speak the manager again and was told "she was not available". Really??? Totally unacceptable customer service. She even had the audacity to tell me I was welcome to "come by and pick up the items" if I was that close I wouldn't have been in a hotel in the first place.

The hotel is new, clean and easily accessible however with customer service like this I would elect to stay somewhere else. Holiday Inn is was it is a Holiday Inn, clearly customer service is not a priority with this group. I'll stay with Marriott/Hyatt properties from here on out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Zach L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us and I am particularly appreciative that you gave us high scores in Cleanliness, Value, Sleep Quality, and Rooms. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again should your travels bring you back to Columbia.

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East? Share your experiences!