“Great Art to See” 5 of 5 stars

Kansas
42 attraction reviews
“Great Art to See”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband, our 2 teen sons and I visited the museum just last week. The museum is easy to find, although parking was a little tough. But we found some just up the street. But the website does direct you to parking lots, we forgot our printout.

Loved the Missouri Artists section, great piece by Thomas Hart Benton. Also loved the modern art section. Their current exhibit of woodcarving prints was very interesting, both my sons enjoyed it.
So glad MU has such a great art and anthropology museum. The ancient pottery was great and we appreciated the signs telling the uses of the items and the story behind the drawings.

Visited July 2013

Columbia, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“Nice Free Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Large museum with multiple exhibits. The price is the best you will find... Free. The exhibits rotate so you won't always see the same things.

Visited September 2012
Maryville, Missouri
“I'm biased, but....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I LOVE going and hanging out in this museum. They have an excellent collection. Their private collection that is not on display is even more amazing. I highly recommend visiting while you are on campus. This is truly a hidden gem in Columbia, MO and on the Mizzou Campus! I'm a former MU Art Student, so I will warn you, I'm biased.

Visited April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
“Nice but small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was very nice and FREE! But kind of small. It had a quite a selection of things to look at. Made it through there in about 1 1/2 hours with 2 kids. Nice for a change.

Visited October 2012
Belmont, CA
43 attraction reviews
“A little treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Elegantly mounted, eclectic displays make this an engaging stop during a walk around this beautiful campus.

Visited September 2012