“Mixed Reviews Around the Table” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 325 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North 9th Street
Joplin, Missouri
“Mixed Reviews Around the Table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hands down the best pot pie I've ever had. Creamy sauce with a hint of truffle oil was the perfect touch. A very upscale version of this comfort food. Loved it.

Our service wasn't the best however. My sister ordered the scallops with asparagus and hollandaise but the hollandaise never made it to the table. And my fiance's pasta was different sizes. Wouldn't have bothered me, but he's a chef so he notices that stuff.

The hummus plate was good. I love hummus, so anytime I see it on the menus wanna get it and try it.

I would go back and try this place again. I really loved my food, and I would hope the others would have a better experience.

Visited August 2012

70% Recommend
Kansas
“Great dinner in CoMo? Can't miss at Bleu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013 was my 4th visit to Bleu. The first two were in the old location off 8th St and Cherry. Every meal was a delightful experience. When I walked by the old location and saw that they were gone, my heart sank. What a shame that a fantastic high-end dining experience could not survive in downtown Columbia! But wait, I saw the tattered sign that said that they moved to Walnut St. Yes!!!!!

Last fall, I took three other families to the new location during Dad's weekend for my daughter's sorority. Of course, I looked like a culinary king for recommending the place. So when I needed a table for 8 Valentines Day, I did not pause. Bleu not only took the reservation on two weeks notice, but put us in a private dining room. The price fix menu was AMAZING! If you want to celebrate a special occasion, want to impress some friends with an awesome dining experience, or simply want a nice dinner out, head to Bleu.

While you are there, I'd recommend you do not miss the fig & gorgonzola flatbread, the duck wontons, the mac & cheese, and/or the turkey pot pie. It is very hard for me to limit my recommendations to four, because you really can't go wrong. My favorite will always be anything with their duck confit. AMAZING.

For dessert, make sure you check out their banana bread pudding or pumpkin cheese cake.

To the owners of Bleu, thanks for not breaking my heart when I saw the old, abandoned location. I'll see you next time (and every time) that I'm in CoMo!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson City, Missouri
“A Really Nice Place To Unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is just a nice place run by some really nice people. They try hard to make you feel at home. The food's really good and the facility itself is quite nice. Give it a try!

Visited January 2013
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
“brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

So, totally awesome brunch!!! There was everything from omlets to unique frenchtoasts, fresh pastries, cheeses, fresh fruits veggies, a tasty marinated steak dish, and some really great salads. best brunch in town.

Visited December 2012
“A place with a lot of fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lemonade vodka here is my favorite. There always are a lot of hotties here, sometimes, it could have a lot of fun even though I just sit there, watching people dancing and flirting. ;) "Hey Judy" is always the last song, which I think is not bad. :)

Visited January 2013