“Limited menu, but food quality and service were very good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 324 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North 9th Street
Godfrey, IL
“Limited menu, but food quality and service were very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had called the restaurant weeks in advance to set up a special gathering for our group of around 15. We wanted a private room, but on the initial phone call, we were not told about a room charge.
On the day of the event, we were called by a manager who explained the situation. We were placed in another area, I believe it was called the "raised room" simply because there was one step up to get into the space. The manager assured me that he would do everything that he could to keep it private for our group.
fortunately, it worked out fine, and the staff was very gracious and helpful.

The menu at Bleu is a bit limited, but everyone in our large group seemed to find something without much trouble. As far as I could tell, all food was well-received. Personally, I enjoed the Red Snapper very much.

I love the decor - dark wood and the booths have high backs to them for more privacy.

In total, we had a very pleasant experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
“Would come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited this weekend and enjoyed our dinner. We split some Naan, I had the pot pie, and she had the mac n cheese. The food was all great. The pino we split was very average - its was average priced too so I guess i shouldnt expect to be blown away. The patio looks to have some potential so we will be back when it warms up. Jessica, our server, was awesome.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“Beautiful patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Higher end pricing for any meal. Beautiful outdoor patio for summer. They moved to a new location, I had not visited their old one, so I don't know any different. My husband and I like dropping in for a beer at the bar. In the summer the outdoor patio is the place to be. About the only one in Columbia that you can find a table away from the street and noise.

Visited August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Enjoyable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first visit back to my home town of Columbia in 17 years. I was pleased to find such a nice restaurant! We missed happy hour, but still enjoyed good food at fair prices. The dishes we tried were all excellent, filled with flavor. The service was prompt and freindly.
The atmosphere and menu reminded me of South Beach but at a small fraction of the cost. I would HIGHLY recommend Bleu!

Visited October 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“Great happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Bleu is new and improved at the new location on Walnut. Some of the overpriced and not so great menu items are gone, and the restaurant has introduced what may be the best happy hour in town with excellent half-price appetizers and good, half-price wines. I recommend the fried green tomatoes, the french fries, and the pork wings, as well as the chicken sandwich. Also, the wait staff do not seem to be as snooty as they used to be at the old location. Bleu is likely to become my default place for happy hour in Columbia.

• Visited October 2012