“Great little place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Springfield, Missouri
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Have had breakfast at Lucy's Corner Cafe three times in the past six weeks or so. The food is homemade and delicious, the staff is very friendly and I'm definitely going back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“A different breakfast experience.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

If Lucy is there, you'll know it...she'll be the loud one with the short-shorts and the tight shirt....not that I mind a bit........maybe that's why I always get the Lucy omelet....

Visited September 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“If you want a country breakfast with hearty servings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is not a place for a healthy breakfast, but if you are hungry and want old diner atmosphere, it is ok. They will work to create combinations that are not on the menu and that helps. I was disappointed on the last visit, but have had a good time previously.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NE Missouri
“Nobody Would Take Our Order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Our party of 5 people tried to eat at Lucy's on a Sunday morning. We got seated immediately and got our drinks probably within 5-10 minutes. However, we never did get waited on. Our waitress walked by us probably 10 times - sometimes with a statement like "I'll be right back to get your order" and sometimes with not so much of a glance our way. We weren't out of her line of sight either - the room we were seated in was so small that she pratically had to brush up beside us to make those multiple trips to and from the cooking area. Another table of people sat down after us, had their order taken, and got their food while we continued to sit there like forgotten souls. We finally got up and left so I have no clue what the food is like and will probably never go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Missouri, United States
“A Classic Diner Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I needed a "classic diner lunchcounter" image to go with an article that was at deadline. I thought: Denny's...they have a counter, perfect! At Denny's I learned they no longer have the classic lunchcounter, but the hostess said Lucy's Diner has one .... she even called ahead and let them know I was coming. Long story short, I needed a specific breakfast for the photo... the gang cooked it up quickly and I got my photos... and settled in for my favorite: breaksfast for lunch. It was great! I love going to little dive diners and small-town cafe's, and despise the canned "chain" restaurants. Now let's remember, this was eggs over easy, hash browns, toast and a glass of milk. It wasn't an eight-course meal at Commander's Palace in New Orleans -- and it wasn't trying to be! Lucy's serves a helluva good diner breakfast. I will be back for lunch with my wife, and will make it a regular breakfast stop solo when I can have bacon and other goodies without enduring the Health Lecture.
To those reviewers below who griped about this or that, look ... It's a diner folks... it's not a white tablecloth ristorante! It's important to frame your expectations according to the setting! These are probably the same folks who get mad because there's no maitre'd at McDonald's! Lucy's is great. Sit at the counter and experience how diners should be.
(PS, yes, I paid for my "photo prop" breakfast... it wasn't comp'ed. Didn't ask, didn't expect it).

Here is a low-rez test shot of my plate... suited me fine.

• Visited March 2012