“Country breakfast in a diner” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 334 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Diner
Kansas City, Missouri
“Country breakfast in a diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

There's nothing fancy here. Booths and counter stools. Pancakes and eggs. The Mabel pancakes are saucer sized, and they were fine. There are several omelet types on the menu, including vegetarian. The do have authentic Missouri country ham. Service was a little slow - the cafe was busy but not full; they have an overflow room. Closes at 2 - 1 on weekends. Decent "down home" breakfast.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Missouri
“Personable service with great food to match!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Every time we go to Lucy's we are never disappointed. We enjoy the hometown diner feel of the place and the friendly waitresses. The food is fairly priced and it never disappoints us. The service is always fast and we never have an empty cup of coffee! We're certainly not "regulars," but every time we go they make us feel at home.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Filthy with worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

A veteran of the hospitality industry for years, I'm pretty darn forgiving. However, not in this case. The place was filthy....I can't believe it passes health inspection. It looked like we were eating in a slum.

While it took no time to be seated, it took 35 minutes to get coffee, 20 minutes to be greeted by our extremely rude waitress. One-and-a-half hour later, we received our food, and she had taken the order wrong. We overheard her apologizing to every table she had, blaming the poor service and food quality on a "busier than usual" weekend. It was, without a doubt, the worst dining experience I've ever had. We saw others getting up and walking out, too.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MO
“POOR QUALITY FOOD AND A REAL GROUCHY COOK!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I recently took my coffee club buddies to Lucy's Cafe for Saturday breakfast. I was not impressed. The gravy from the biscuits and gravy tasted like a premix gravy that was not fully cooked. Very grainy and gritty. When I mentioned this to the waitress she went and told the cook who came to my table and told me not to downgrade his homeade gravy, that it was not a premix. Well if it is homemade that makes it even worse. I would have given them another try, however since the cook wants to get indignent with the customer if he has a complaint , I have decided I will never go back to this place and I fully recommend that if anyone wants good food, DON'T GO TO LUCY'S CAFE. Oh and by the way the hash browns come out as hash whites and if you want them cooked crisp and brown they actually charge you an extra $.25 to cook them the way they should be cooked in the first place. Now I and my coffee club, total of 6 people will never go back to this place and I don't recommend it to anyone. In fact I will try my best to let anyone know that the place is not very good. Frankly I am sorely dissapointed and you will be too!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“An oldie but goodie. My...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

An oldie but goodie. My review of this place is sketchy because I mostly recall eating there after the bars close...