“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Mission Hills, Kansas
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It may seem like a hole in the wall located in a strip shopping center, but this might be one of the best Mexican restaurants I've been to. The food is flavorful without being too spicy. The Burrito Tapatio is my favorite. My biggest complaint is that it is usually quite warm in the restaurant. I would not go there in the heat of the summer.

Visited February 2013

84% Recommend
Kennewick, Washington
“Hidden gem in Columbia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

First of all this is not TexMex. This is authentic mexican fare in a hole in the wall atmosphere. Limited seating, yes. Multiple typos on the menu, yes. Best Mexican cuisine in central Missouri, yes. This is one of our must go to places every time we return to Columbia. Try the Burrito Michioican it is to die for.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sikeston, Missouri
“We always return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoy this place everytime. It is authentic mexican food, prepared nicely. Service isnt great but we are never in a hurry. Another mexican food place is right next door so dont confuse them. This is a little dive in end of strip mall. Very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Quick with a unusual menu that also includes typical dishes. They even serve cactus in mid-Missouri!

Visited January 2013
Jefferson City, Missouri
“It's OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had heard about this restaurant from a couple of people and finally had a chance to try it out. I had the Tacos de Lengua and my wife had Tortas de Lengua. They didn't have the lengua listed as an option for the Tortas on the menu, but made it with no complaints. We were both surprised at the lack of flavor in both items. Not bad, just bland. (I told a friend of mine that I think they gave me the gringo version instead of the chollo version!) Too bad, because it's the only place I've found that serves tongue. It's a small place, service was good, prices were very reasonable. Could have been just that batch was bad. We'll try it again next time we're in Columbia, maybe get something different. I'll post an update at that time.

• Visited December 2012