“Convenient & clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Bakersfield
“Convenient & clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed there when I went to visit her at college. The hotel has easy access to the freeway and close to places to eat. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was pretty good. The staff was helpful and available when needed. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on an end room away from the elevator and it was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am rating this hotel compared to other interstate hotels I stay at as I travel for business. I generally stay at a Fairfield, a Hampton or a Holiday Inn Express on such trips.

This was a typical Fairfield. I do like the suite rooms giving me more room to work.

The room was clean. The breakfast is a little weak but much as I find traveling in the Midwest.

Room Tip: No real tips to offer on this property
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me and my wife decided to take a little weekend getaway in Herman Mo.Which was great but there are no hotels mostly all B&Bs & all were booked full. So we headed to Columbia & made calls to a few places and this was the one nice choice we made.

Room Tip: Whirlpool suite was very nice everything a couple could need for nice weekend getaway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was in the area for a meeting (Fulton, about 25 miles out) and the Fairfield was the closest Marriott property available. Easily accessible from I70, this hotel property was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Food and fuel are nearby, making this a good stopping spot before heading home from the meeting.

Everything seemed clean and fresh. The HVAC system was digitally controlled and functioned well, although the fan on the ventilation system was a bit loud. The bed was comfortable and typical of the Fairfield brand. I would certainly stay here again on my way through.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We are never disappointed when we stay at Marriott hotels, they are always so clean. The rates are low so military personnel and we always get a good nights sleep. This location was no exception. Will return if we find the need in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Auburn, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Second overnight stop while moving west for a job. Overall, a nice experience at a newer Fairfield property. As a Marriott Rewards customer, it was a nice touch to receive an upgrade to a suite. The hotel's location is close to many eateries and is an easy on and off of I-70. Not only my room, but the entire property was extremely clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for four nights. Checkin was easy and fast. Parking was also good, despite a busy weekend for the property. I was assigned a suite. The suite part of it I could never figure out how to turn on the lights, so I sat in the dark when I wasn't lying on the bed. The front desk wasn't much help in figuring it out, so I just left it. The view from my room was a breathtaking look at the side of the canopy that covers the front door to the hotel, so not a lot of sunshine made it in. I felt like I was living a vampire life, but sometimes that's ok when you need some sleep. The breakfast bar was your typical fare of donuts, cereal, waffles, yogurt and microwave sandwiches. I don't know Columbia well, so I don't know what other properties are available, but this one was ok. A good spot for families for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!