“I miss my favorite front desk staff” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 36 hotels in Columbia
“I miss my favorite front desk staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times before. The ladies that used to be at the front desk were amazing.

This time, I checked in as a gold member. Without even making eye contact with me, the girl at the front desk gave me my key. Not sure she even looked to see if there was an upgrade nor did she ask me if I would rather have a room on a lower floor (which I had always been asked before). She also didn't give me a sweepstake envelope even though they had a promotional flyer advertising this sweepstakes displayed at the front desk. When I asked another staff member about it later, she gave me one.

This girl was unhelpful and not very friendly at every interaction. I miss the ladies that used to be at the front desk!

The manager is always nice but isn't there as often as he used to be.

The beds are not very comfortable but the space by the sink is nice and large for my excessive toiletries.

Unfortunately, since I was not received with the warmness I expected as a frequent customer and gold member, I'll most likely be trying a new hotel next time I come here.

• Stayed September 2012
Coufs F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Valued Gld Member,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey online via tripadvisor, and on behalf of the entire staff I would want to offer our sincerest apologies that you did not receive the proper rewarding welcome as a Gold Elite Member. I can assure you that is not typical of the arrival experience at our property, and I ask that you give us another chance to provide you with the service you come to expect with Marriott and the Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia. Please feel free to contact me for any furture lodging needs, and I will ensure that you have a positive experience, and that we are able to accomodate all of your needs while you are staying with us.

Matthew McTigue

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sikeston, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had booked this room THEN read the poor reviews. From my judgment, the reviews are a WEE too bit picky. We found a clean, comfortable room with little noise and a friendly staff. I wonder if the lady who found a bug in her bathroom ever found a bug in her own home? It happens in Missouri! Hallways being hot--give me a break--we've had 103 degree temps in Missouri! My room was cooled comfortably before and after the cool front came in the day before the football game. I can't even complain about it being pricy at $150 a night because we booked for a weekend for the Mizzou first SEC game. As I've said in my reviews before, as long as I get a good night's sleep and a nice shower I'm usually happy...and I think that is what most travellers want. This motel is comfortable and quiet. BTW, it is on the bus route and you can ride to the stadium and back on game day for $3!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedalia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed a couple of times at this Fairfield Inn and Suites, when I am in Columbia for business. It is in a nice, quiet location, a bit off the main flow of traffic, which I appreciate. It is always extremely clean, and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms are spacious.I was quite surprised to see some of the negative reviews, as I have never seen anything but a clean, neat hotel. I have very much enjoyed my stays here, and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Marriott needs to close this place down or at least take their name back. From the cheap towels to the passage ways being hot to the crappy breakfast this place sucks. Even the staff looked like crap wearing stretch pants and tee shirts. This place is not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed August 2012
Georgetown, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at 3 Fairfield Inns on our trip. This was the worst. From the beginning it was a bad experience. The hotel did not have my reservation and seemed incapable of acknowledging that a mistake had been made or apologizing. The elevator made a horrible grinding noise at each stop. There was a "cockroach" in my hotel bathroom. When I mentioned the insect, the woman at the front desk said they had a "beetle" problem and had been spraying. She didn't offer to reduce our rate or apologize. I was afraid to eat the breakfast after that. They clearly need a refresher course in "Customer Service".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the most part it was decent, until before I checked out I was finding ants in my bathroom. The management was nice. It was in a decent location. I did enjoy the fact that it was close to a bunch of eating places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here for business for two nights in July and had a mixed experience. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk attendant was very friendly. Room was clean and the king suite was pretty spacious with a sofa and desk. Internet connection to wifi was easy and speeds were good. I did find a few hairs in the bathroom (a pet-peeve of mine) and an alive roach of some kind under the bathroom sink but everything else seemed pretty clean. Large vanity in the bathroom with plenty of space for all my toiletries. Shower head and water pressure were nice. Mattress was firm but pretty comfortable. The iPhone dock was nice to have in the room but mine was broken.

The rest of the experience was pretty concerning. Since I was there for business, my co-worker had a very large amount of computer equipment in his car. Rather than drag it all inside the hotel, we assumed since they would be in a car where you couldn't see in, they would be safe. We were wrong. When we woke up the next day, they had been stolen from the car. No damage was done to the car thankfully but 99% of the equipment was taken and other personal items were taken from the car. When we went in to report this to the front desk, the front desk person did not seemed concern and her only response was that the hotel is not responsible for equipment or valuables left in the car. Having no sense of surprise, it makes me think that this sort of thing might happen frequently here. That is purely speculation though and there is a HUGE sign when you walk into the hotel to tell you this very thing. If it is such a problem that they must place a huge sign in the parking lot, maybe they could invest in a nightly security guard or request a patrol? Anyway, lesson learned here, don't leave any valuables in your car when staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!