“Two good nights rest.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Sikeston, Missouri
“Two good nights rest.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had booked this room THEN read the poor reviews. From my judgment, the reviews are a WEE too bit picky. We found a clean, comfortable room with little noise and a friendly staff. I wonder if the lady who found a bug in her bathroom ever found a bug in her own home? It happens in Missouri! Hallways being hot--give me a break--we've had 103 degree temps in Missouri! My room was cooled comfortably before and after the cool front came in the day before the football game. I can't even complain about it being pricy at $150 a night because we booked for a weekend for the Mizzou first SEC game. As I've said in my reviews before, as long as I get a good night's sleep and a nice shower I'm usually happy...and I think that is what most travellers want. This motel is comfortable and quiet. BTW, it is on the bus route and you can ride to the stadium and back on game day for $3!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sedalia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed a couple of times at this Fairfield Inn and Suites, when I am in Columbia for business. It is in a nice, quiet location, a bit off the main flow of traffic, which I appreciate. It is always extremely clean, and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms are spacious.I was quite surprised to see some of the negative reviews, as I have never seen anything but a clean, neat hotel. I have very much enjoyed my stays here, and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Marriott needs to close this place down or at least take their name back. From the cheap towels to the passage ways being hot to the crappy breakfast this place sucks. Even the staff looked like crap wearing stretch pants and tee shirts. This place is not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed August 2012
Georgetown, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at 3 Fairfield Inns on our trip. This was the worst. From the beginning it was a bad experience. The hotel did not have my reservation and seemed incapable of acknowledging that a mistake had been made or apologizing. The elevator made a horrible grinding noise at each stop. There was a "cockroach" in my hotel bathroom. When I mentioned the insect, the woman at the front desk said they had a "beetle" problem and had been spraying. She didn't offer to reduce our rate or apologize. I was afraid to eat the breakfast after that. They clearly need a refresher course in "Customer Service".

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the most part it was decent, until before I checked out I was finding ants in my bathroom. The management was nice. It was in a decent location. I did enjoy the fact that it was close to a bunch of eating places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here for business for two nights in July and had a mixed experience. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk attendant was very friendly. Room was clean and the king suite was pretty spacious with a sofa and desk. Internet connection to wifi was easy and speeds were good. I did find a few hairs in the bathroom (a pet-peeve of mine) and an alive roach of some kind under the bathroom sink but everything else seemed pretty clean. Large vanity in the bathroom with plenty of space for all my toiletries. Shower head and water pressure were nice. Mattress was firm but pretty comfortable. The iPhone dock was nice to have in the room but mine was broken.

The rest of the experience was pretty concerning. Since I was there for business, my co-worker had a very large amount of computer equipment in his car. Rather than drag it all inside the hotel, we assumed since they would be in a car where you couldn't see in, they would be safe. We were wrong. When we woke up the next day, they had been stolen from the car. No damage was done to the car thankfully but 99% of the equipment was taken and other personal items were taken from the car. When we went in to report this to the front desk, the front desk person did not seemed concern and her only response was that the hotel is not responsible for equipment or valuables left in the car. Having no sense of surprise, it makes me think that this sort of thing might happen frequently here. That is purely speculation though and there is a HUGE sign when you walk into the hotel to tell you this very thing. If it is such a problem that they must place a huge sign in the parking lot, maybe they could invest in a nightly security guard or request a patrol? Anyway, lesson learned here, don't leave any valuables in your car when staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our second time here was about the same as the first. The front desk staff did get us check in prior to our requested early check in which was a huge plus, however there were issues. Our room door did not close properly, and the halls on floor there were very warm. Our room had several discolorations on the walls and marshmellow like pillows on top of our spongish matress made sleeping impossible.

Breakfast was so so with limited choices on low carb items but what do you expect for free. We will probably stay somewhere else nest time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!