You added Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Fellows Place, Columbia, MO 65201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

We stayed for two nights in a king whirlpool suite. The hotel was practically perfect. Everything was clean and modern (and obviously nearly brand-new as the hotel was just built recently). The staff was friendly and helpful. The elevators were fast; there was ample parking close to a door for loading and unloading our car, and there were always available luggage carts. Our room was pristine. The bathroom was a nice size and so clean it was gleaming. There was a wetbar area that was well-lit and plenty of mirrors and lighting throughout the room. The room had a very large closet next to the wetbar. In the bedroom portion of the room, the bed was wonderful - comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows. The room had an LCD TV. There was an amazing desk next to the TV -- it wasn't your typical desk but was shaped in a way that made it incredibly convenient to use a laptop - especially with the outlets right on the base of the lamp on the desk so you don't have to search for a plug. And the whirlpool was large and relaxing.

My only qualm with the hotel was the breakfast. There was nothing wrong with it, but it didn't wow me. They had your usual continental breakfast fare (bagels, pastries, cereal, etc.) and then each day they have a selection of hot food. The first morning we were there, it was waffles and sausage. I tried some sausage and it wasn't terrible but wasn't very good. We actually ended up going to Ernie's for breakfast that day because we wanted a more substantial hot breakfast. The next day was better -- they had scrambled eggs, your choice of plain or with ham and cheese. Plus, the biscuits they have look like normal biscuits but were warm and soft and delicious. I think they could add gravy for the biscuits to give a bigger selection of hot food, but overall I can't really complain.

We were there for a romantic getaway (we had the romance package that included champagne and roses in the room, which was a nice and inexpensive touch). But our entire floor had a sports team staying there to compete against Mizzou, and we were worried about noise. We heard nothing from our neighbors at all -- the only noise we heard were when the people immediately next to us closed their room door. I have never stayed at a hotel with such good sound proofing before. I think it would be a great hotel for a business trip because of that and all the useful amenities (free wireless, convenient area for laptops, etc.), or just a place to stay when traveling with friends or family.

The location was convenient, too. If you are traveling for university-related events, it is right next to the south side of the university. We went to a couple of events downtown, and it is just a short drive (probably about a mile) to be right in the heart of downtown Columbia.

We didn't use the pool or any of the other amenities at the hotel, but the pool looked very nice. And the hotel lobby is beautiful and would be great for hanging out/relaxing during the evenings if you feel like a quiet night in.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

I spent four years of my life in Columbia when I went to school, and I can say for a fact that this is the best location for a hotel! It is also the nicest one I have ever stayed at in Columbia. The room was amazing...there was a wet bar with coffe, microwave, fridge, and sink. I even had a jacuzzi in my bedroom from which I could watch the brand new flat screen TV! Even though it was a work trip, I was able to relax and feel like I was on vacation at the hotel. The staff were so welcoming and even gave me a warm cookie when I checked in. The breakfast went above normal hotel breakfasts with hot oatmeal, eggs, and pastries. The room was clean and quiet...I slept so well. I can't wait to stay here again when I return!

• Liked — Very clean and full of accomodations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

Excellent new hotel located across the street from MU and VA medical centers and almost next door to MU football stadium and basketball arena. Dynamite location! We were able to walk to/from the game easily and staying so close made our weekend even more fun than usual.

Our room was spacious and nicely furnished. The lobby area was quite large, too, and they served a nice breakfast in the morning. Although we did not use the laundry facilities, they were much nicer than what we've seen at other hotels and would have been easy and pleasant to use. The pool liked nice, too!

Front desk staff very pleasant and professional, as was the reservations manager who made our arrangements.

This will now be our first call whenever we need lodging in Columbia. No other hotel is so convenient to the stadium or the southern end of campus - and this is a really nice hotel, so the location is just one of many good reasons to stay there.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

Of all the Hamptons I've stayed at, this is the nicest one, hands down. They have thought of everything here...close to everything at Mizzou...the Stadium, Hearnes, the Arena and right across from the hospital complex. Because I do business at the hospitals, I asked for a tour of the hotel and was very pleased with what I saw. Very nice hospitality rooms and large meeting rooms. Flat screen TV's in all of the rooms and common areas. The modern decor was done very tastefully and the University theme was very classy without being overwhelming. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. When they finish the attached restaurant they'll have everything I need here.

• Liked — The location, business amenities/meeting space, decor.
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like here.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Middlefield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

The Hampton Inn at Mizzou is a brand new hotel. The foyer is spacous and the personnel at the front desk were friendly and skilled at getting our group checked in. The black and gold colors throughout the hotel let you know they are supporting the Tigers.
The room we had was a beautiful king suite. The room invited relaxation while having a nice work area for those that knew they still had to work. The bed was very comfortable and provided a great night sleep.
I have never seen a workout room so well equipped. The best part of the excursive area was the open view allowing you to see outside overlooking the pool. Most places just have mirrors suggesting only the vain want to workout. This was fun. I also suggest laps in the pool. It is longer allowing a better swim.
You would be silly not to explore the hotel. The black and white photos depicting the Mizzou campus throughout are well worth your time.
I would give this hotel my high recommendation. Its location is easy to navigate the town. It is located so close to the football field and basketball stadium that anyone attending a game couldn’t choose a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Dover, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

We stayed at this brand new hotel that still has some work being done to it. But in my book, you knew you were getting a clean, all brand new ammenities. They still were missing some molding and other minor repairs, in addition to outside sidewalk work. Overall, it was very clean and the staff was helpful. The breakfast offerings were typical of continental food, but did offer some warm plate items.
If you want to stay close to campus, this place is great. It's within walking distance to the main campus. There is just one main busy road to cross, but very doable. We're returning in Oct. to attend a football game, and are hoping to be able to walk the 1/2 mile to the stadium.
The only issue I had was with the tack bar near the bathroom. If I stepped a certain way, I could feel the sharp tacks in my barefeet!

• Liked — Brand new
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

As a parent of three Mizzou alumni I found this hotel to be full of Tiger spirit, in a tasteful way. The modern decor was hip with dark browns, golds, and blacks. On the walls everywhere were beautiful framed photos of Mizzou buildings and student life. The hotel decorator certainly captured the university atmosphere. Plus, the rooms were very comfortable, clean, and efficient. The beds were cozy. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I enjoyed working out in the well-equipped exercise room, swimming in the pool, and relaxing in the powerful whirlpool. The staff was friendly and helpful. The meeting rooms were private and comfortable. For the middle of the week, this is a great hotel at which to stay. When it is packed for a football game weekend it might be different, but not in a bad way. It is at the corner of College and Stadium, the closest hotel to the University. Go Tigers!

Stayed September 2008