“Nice Hotel, but........” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Fellows Place, Columbia, MO 65201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Columbia
Azle, Texas
“Nice Hotel, but........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife an I stayed there 12/13/13 -12/15/13 for my daughter's graduation. The hotel was nice and the room clean. Unfortunately a few issues caused us from truely enjoying our stay. First, the room AC/Heater unit was excessively loud and ran all the time despite the setting. The temp in the room was fine, but the noise made is difficult to sleep. Second the we could hear the people above us walking in their room. Unfortunately for us, they walked alot, which also made it difficult to sleep. I called the desk and asked they to address it, but it didn't stop. Since it was graduation weekend there were no rooms available to move. Third, the computers in the guest business facility were extremely slow. One failed to operate at all. Printing my boarding passes tunred into quite the ordeal. Lastly, the young lady at the desk was not very professional and abosultely no help. First when I was trying to access the computers I had to go to her because the computer was asking for a password. She told me to "use the regular thing". I asked her if that meant the room number or my name, or guest, or what? Not once did she look up to address my issue from her typing. She continued to mutter something when I stopped her and finally asked if she had a clue or was she just guessing. She admitted to guessing by answering that she didn't deal with the computers. Later at checkout I handed her my key cards and told my room number and that I was checking out. She began to look the information up and the phone rang. She answered it and procedded to assist the person on the phone, leaving me waiting. Knowing I didn't owe her anything, I got her attention by waving my hand in front of her and asked if we were done.

I'm really a resonable person and wasn't in a hurry, but I do expect a reasonable amount of customer service. This young lady could stand a refresher course.

Overall, the facilities are nice. The breakfast is lack luster and the staff could use a booster shot of customer service, but I guess since the hotel is adjacent to the stadium, they are used to football crowds who just want a place to sleep before and after the game.

Hamptons are usually a good experience, but this one did not leave a good impression with me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here in Columbia. Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that we work extremely hard to ensure our guests satisfaction, and the issues you encountered are not typical of our facility or staff and will be addressed appropriately. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the enjoyable issue free stay that you deserve. Thank you again for your comments. Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fairview Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were extremely pleased with this hotel. Stayed for the weekend while visiting family. Very clean hotel. The breakfast was better than other places we've stayed at in past. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your recent stay with us here in Columbia! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again should your travels return you to the Columbia area. Thank you again for your time and feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have stayed here in the past, and just wanted to post a commendation that weather cancelled our trip same day/today and the staff cancelled our reservation and waived the cancellation fee. Staff was very nice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! We are sorry that you weren't able to stay with us, but look forward to you being here with us in the future. Have a wonderful day! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Roach, MO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very pleased with the hotel, especially the staff, who were very helpful. The location was perfect for our business in the city. We have stayed with this hotel before, and are planning to stay there again in a month.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here in Columbia. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity of continuing to serve you when you return to Columbia. Thank you again for your time and comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Denver, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel was neat and clean, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room was spacious and furnishings were clean and well-kept. However, the thermostat in my room was not consistent. The temperature in the room was very uncomfortable, and I often had to get up to keep changing the temperature back and forth. I could also hear my neighbors, especially those above me. It woke me up very early in the morning when they used their water. The continental breakfast was convenient, but the selection was not the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you were not able to completely enjoy your stay here with us. Please know that we work extremely hard to ensure our guests satisfaction and the issues you mentioned are being worked on and resolved. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to earn your business should you return to the Columbia area. Thank you again for your time and comments. Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The service and attention to details at this Hilton property was terrific. This is probably one of the cleanest hotels that I have visited. The staff on every level- was just wonderful! Within an hour of our check in, we received a call from the front desk asking if our room was satisfactory. It was just that. The bedding was comfy and pristine. There were always hot drinks in the lobby and the breakfast staff just kept everything neat and well supplied, with a smile to boot! Great job guys.

• Stayed November 2013
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent visit to Columbia! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We hope that you will allow us to continue to be your first choice in lodging should your travels bring you back to the Columbia area. Thank you again for your feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Fittness center need to be updated and ear plugs would be nice as complimentary. Wipes would be nice to have to wipe down the equipment once you finish working out on them. Tread mill need service and equipment is to old need to have the one that has tv one each individual work out machine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us here in Columbia! Thank you for letting us know about the treadmill needing service, please accept my apologies that it did work properly during your visit. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a more pleasant stay. Thank you again for your valuable feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)

Address: 1225 Fellows Place, Columbia, MO 65201
Location: United States > Missouri > Columbia
#1 Family Hotel in Columbia
#1 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
#4 Business Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) 2.5*
Close to campus, far from ordinary...Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri).Let's face it: if the Hampton Inn & Suites® Columbia (At The University of Missouri) were any closer to campus, you might need a student ID. As the closest hotel to the University of Missouri, you're just minutes away from Stephen's College and downtown Columbia and near a world of fantastic attractions.Want to get out and experience all that Columbia has to offer? Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri) puts you right in the middle of it all. Farout Field, Hearnes Center and the Mizzou Arena are all within easy walking distance of our Columbia hotel. If shopping's more your speed, "The District" downtown is noted as an eclectic shopping and dining experience with an outstanding mix of entertainment choices. Plus, art aficionados will surely appreciate attractions such as The Museum of Art and Archaeology, The Museum of Anthropology, Jesse Hall Auditorium, Missouri Art Gallery and the Bingham Gallery. You'll find it all just minutes from your room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia, where you are close to campus, but far from ordinary. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri)
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.