My wife an I stayed there 12/13/13 -12/15/13 for my daughter's graduation. The hotel was nice and the room clean. Unfortunately a few issues caused us from truely enjoying our stay. First, the room AC/Heater unit was excessively loud and ran all the time despite the setting. The temp in the room was fine, but the noise made is difficult to sleep. Second the we could hear the people above us walking in their room. Unfortunately for us, they walked alot, which also made it difficult to sleep. I called the desk and asked they to address it, but it didn't stop. Since it was graduation weekend there were no rooms available to move. Third, the computers in the guest business facility were extremely slow. One failed to operate at all. Printing my boarding passes tunred into quite the ordeal. Lastly, the young lady at the desk was not very professional and abosultely no help. First when I was trying to access the computers I had to go to her because the computer was asking for a password. She told me to "use the regular thing". I asked her if that meant the room number or my name, or guest, or what? Not once did she look up to address my issue from her typing. She continued to mutter something when I stopped her and finally asked if she had a clue or was she just guessing. She admitted to guessing by answering that she didn't deal with the computers. Later at checkout I handed her my key cards and told my room number and that I was checking out. She began to look the information up and the phone rang. She answered it and procedded to assist the person on the phone, leaving me waiting. Knowing I didn't owe her anything, I got her attention by waving my hand in front of her and asked if we were done.
I'm really a resonable person and wasn't in a hurry, but I do expect a reasonable amount of customer service. This young lady could stand a refresher course.
Overall, the facilities are nice. The breakfast is lack luster and the staff could use a booster shot of customer service, but I guess since the hotel is adjacent to the stadium, they are used to football crowds who just want a place to sleep before and after the game.
Hamptons are usually a good experience, but this one did not leave a good impression with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to campus, far from ordinary...Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri).Let's face it: if the Hampton Inn & Suites® Columbia (At The University of Missouri) were any closer to campus, you might need a student ID. As the closest hotel to the University of Missouri, you're just minutes away from Stephen's College and downtown Columbia and near a world of fantastic attractions.Want to get out and experience all that Columbia has to offer? Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri) puts you right in the middle of it all. Farout Field, Hearnes Center and the Mizzou Arena are all within easy walking distance of our Columbia hotel. If shopping's more your speed, "The District" downtown is noted as an eclectic shopping and dining experience with an outstanding mix of entertainment choices. Plus, art aficionados will surely appreciate attractions such as The Museum of Art and Archaeology, The Museum of Anthropology, Jesse Hall Auditorium, Missouri Art Gallery and the Bingham Gallery. You'll find it all just minutes from your room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia, where you are close to campus, but far from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn