“Very clean, nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)

Expedia.com Booking.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Fellows Place, Columbia, MO 65201   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #1 of 36 hotels in Columbia
Springfield, Missouri
“Very clean, nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The room was very clean, very nice. We had one problem, and it was that the heating/air conditioning unit was making a terrible sound. What made the problem worse for me was that I was in town for medical tests and was very under-the-weather, so dealing with the noise and having the maintenance man trying to figure out the problem, and then eventually having to move to another room - was very difficult to me. My traveling partner (my mom!) told me when we were checking out, that I should ask for another discount (I already had received a medical rate) because of the trouble, but the desk clerk was very busy when I left the keys, so I didn't ask for one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with your A/C unit during your stay. I would like to invoke our 100% satisfaction guarantee on your behalf for the issues you encountered. If you would be so kind as to return my message so I may obtain some information from you, I can gladly get the guarantee applied for you. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Enterprise, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here when we had a family visit. It was great! The rooms and entire area was super clean and very comfortable. The desk clerk was super when we checked in and made sure that we were aware of all the things to do in the area. Even printed out directions to the Olive Garden we were going to for supper. Breakfast was excellent and I can see why this motel has such high ratings on this forum. A little off the beaten path for Interstate Highway travel but worth the extra effort to find it.

Room Tip: We were not there on a game day so not sure about the traffic at time. Very quiet and seemed to be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that we were able to make your trip a little more enjoyable while in Columbia. We hope that will allow us to continue serving you during any future visits to Columbia. Thank you again for your time and feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I will not stay anywhere else in Columbia. We managed to get a room for a football weekend when my Alabama Crimson Tide was playing the Mizzou Tigers. There is a reason this is the #1 ranked hotel in town. It is a very easy walk to the stadium, even in a monsoon. Even if you have non-football business on campus or the VA hospital, it is a great location. Very easy off I-70. The hotel is immaculately clean. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast area was constantly restocked. The pantry was convenient, as was the convenience store in the parking lot. The connected Stadium Grill is outstanding. The indoor pool and hot tub were great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. All SEC fans need to make this their #1 choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor. There's a lot of foot traffic on a football weekend.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. We are excited to welcome the fans of the SEC to town! We hope to see you again in a few years! Thank you again for you feedback! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is my go-to-place when I travel to Columbia for conferences and campus convenings. I have stayed in this hotel four times and have never been disappointed. The staff is 5-star courteous and will accommodate just about every need you have. Staff members are friendly and genuinely seem to enjoy interacting with guests. The rooms are huge! Plenty of space to do yoga, and 20 people could sleep in the papa bear sized beds. I especially like the work nook in the rooms. The desktop is spacious and allows for plenty of elbow room while working on a computer, spreading out materials, drinking coffee and eating assorted food items from the free breakfast bar the hotel provides each morning. Oh, and the cookies the staff sets out near the reception desk each afternoon are deelish! For location, you can't beat this hotel. It's super close to the Mizzou campus and the mile-or-so-walk to the quaint inner core of Columbia lets you work up an appetite in anticipation of the town's many wonderful restaurants and coffee shops. If you don't feel like leaving the hotel, no worries there. The bar and grill that's attached to the hotel also serves good pub grub. There's just one place worth staying as a visitor to Columbia, and this is it!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next door to the elevators or ice machines. Not because of the noise of the eq...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your past stays with us! We are so happy to hear that we are your #1 choice whenever you're in the Columbia area! If there is every anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know right away! Thank you again for you comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Columbus. Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Two of us were in town to work a large conference at the hotel. The night we checked in, there was a line of people waiting to register and one young man, Ryan, working the desk. At one point, a young woman came out from a locked office, walked up to the desk [with 8 or 9 people in the lobby] and answered a phone that had just started to ring. After fielding the call, she registered the next person in line, then disappeared back into the office. I'm not sure what that was about, but I was surprised that at 6-something in the evening with a lobby full of guests waiting to check in, and a steadily ringing phone, there was essentially only Ryan trying to handle it all. Kudos to him.

Our meeting room was fully set up that evening, for the next day. When I arrived the next morning, Stephen [whom I think was the meeting manager] greeted me in the hall. He was really on top of his game, as was the young woman who handled the beverage service. Stephen had the set-up well under control, which minimized problems. He smiled throughout the day and was responsive to every request we threw his way. Ditto for the young woman [whose name I didn't get] handling the drinks. We couldn't have asked for more.

Breakfast was healthy, which I really appreciated. Old fashioned oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit ... plus the usual dry cereals, breads/pastries, fresh fruit, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with a delayed check-in. We will definately take a look at how we can improve our efficiency of checking our guests in. Again, please accept my apologies for your delay.

We are very excited to hear how well your meeting experience went! Steven has been a wonderful addition, and it's great to hear how well he was able to meet your needs. Thank you again for your time and feedback, and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia.

Joe Hecht
Assistant General Manager
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stay here once a year for work. It is in a great location for getting to campus. I normally fly into Columbia instead of St Louis, the flight costs more but I dont have to rent a car. I take a 25 minute cab ride to the hotel and a few short cab rides to campus buildings (I have walked back from the animal science buildings and the Alumni Center and it is not to bad).

If you drive, parking is on the side and back of the hotel, the lot in front is only for the restaurant. There is a door to the lobby on the back of the hotel so as long as you are not parked on the side of the hotel, it is easy enough unload. At night they have cookies in the lobby, they have coffee and tea all day. They have breakfast (hot and cold items) in the morning and I think you can request a to go breakfast. The rooms are all pleanty big and clean. There is free internet. There is a pool and a exercise room. The exercise room has a few treadmills, an elliptical, a peddler and a weight set. There is a buisnness center with a couple computers and printer - usually one of the computers is having issues. They sell snacks in the lobby and are connected to the Stadium restaurant which is pretty good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your past stays with us! We are happy to hear that you've been able to take advantage of our close proximity to the University of Missouri campus. I apologize if you've experienced as issue with one of the computers in the business center in the past. If you should ever encounter a similar issue, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll get it taken care of for you immediately! Thank you again for your comments! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.
Ste.Gen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The room I was in was fantastic! It was a king suite which was way more than I needed for the night. Extra large room, fridge, microwave, sink, & coffemaker in the kitchen area, large sink area outside of the bathroom, couch, desk/table with 2 chairs, plenty of lighting, lamp with plugs for charging phones or computer on the desk, & the bed was sooooo comfortable. Electric plugs everywhere made phone charging a snap. 24 hour coffee. A breakfast was included.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
joehecht, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We would like to thank you for leaving such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will allow us to continue serving you on your next visit to Columbia! Joe Hecht, Assistant General Manager.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri)

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri) Hotel Columbia
Hampton Inn And Suites Columbia (At The University Of Missouri)
Hampton Inn Columbia
Columbia Hampton Inn
Address: 1225 Fellows Place, Columbia, MO 65201
Location: United States > Missouri > Columbia
#1 Business Hotel in Columbia
#1 Family Hotel in Columbia
#2 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) 2.5*
Close to campus, far from ordinary...Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri).Let's face it: if the Hampton Inn & Suites® Columbia (At The University of Missouri) were any closer to campus, you might need a student ID. As the closest hotel to the University of Missouri, you're just minutes away from Stephen's College and downtown Columbia and near a world of fantastic attractions.Want to get out and experience all that Columbia has to offer? Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (At The University of Missouri) puts you right in the middle of it all. Farout Field, Hearnes Center and the Mizzou Arena are all within easy walking distance of our Columbia hotel. If shopping's more your speed, "The District" downtown is noted as an eclectic shopping and dining experience with an outstanding mix of entertainment choices. Plus, art aficionados will surely appreciate attractions such as The Museum of Art and Archaeology, The Museum of Anthropology, Jesse Hall Auditorium, Missouri Art Gallery and the Bingham Gallery. You'll find it all just minutes from your room at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia, where you are close to campus, but far from ordinary. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia (at the University of Missouri) to your Saves list