“Superb service and accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Oyster Bay, New York
“Superb service and accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Everything you would expect from the RC chain. Clean room, comfy bed. Seems like a central location, although I never left the hotel (business conference). The food was consistently good. My cleaning was returned within hours. Overall a 10 out of 10.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel wasn't too far from downtown (or the part of downtown where I was) and seemed to be a pretty convenient location. As others have pointed out, it does seem to get busy in the evening. I was there during the week and the lobby was quite active.
Fine service from the front desk and a decent room service menu.
The room was quite nice - it was a lot more spacious and luxurious than I expected. Things were clean and quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's being our first stay in a Ritz our expectations were very high. Everyone greeted us by name and was very friendly. When we got to the room, it wasn't spectacular, the bathroom had mildew in the shower and the vanity, the carpet was stained and the room did not have a functional iron. Also on a Saturday night the valets get very backed up, it took 45 minutes to get our car from the valet, if you are staying on a Saturday, consider calling well ahead of time if you need your car right away, this is a very busy place!! Room service was very friendly but the food was only ok, not spectacular. I would definitely give this hotel another chance for a future stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My one night stay at the Ritz-Carlton in St. Louis was excellent. From the minute I stepped out of the vehicle when I arrived, I was treated like I had been expected. Everyone was exceptional including the doormen, the front desk attendees, the wait staff, housekeeping and management. Everyone I encountered was pleasant, focused on my needs, knowledgeable, friendly and service-oriented.The facility is well-kept and it is clear that they pay close attention to the details. The bed was comfortable, the down pillows were plush, and they even have full-sized ceramic hair dryers in the rooms. The only downside was that the business center is very small and you have to pay to use the Internet after the first five minutes. Overall, they still get an excellent rating from me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this Ritz many times over the years. I was pleased to see the guest rooms have been updated. I found te bed very comfortable. The hallway on my floor was updated a bit as well. The classic lobby remains unchanged but it's a lovely space. Down sides are fee for Internet and no clear recycling program. Service is attentive as you would expect. Expensive but it is a Ritz after all!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton for two nights on a trip to celebrate our birthdays. I was mostly happy with the Ritz-Carlton--especially the cupcake they brought to the room for my birthday! It was a very attractive and tasty cupcake. I do not stay in Ritz-Carltons very often--this was my first time. The service was impeccable, but the part of me that is used to doing things on my own found it a bit intrusive--I can handle my own luggage and park my own car. The staff was wonderful, don't get me wrong, but perhaps I'm just not to the stage in life where I need everything done for me! The room was lovely and well appointed, and I believe all the rooms have a balcony. As we were facing west, I was able to see the sunset and enjoy a nice evening breeze. The lobby bar is great for people watching and has live music regularly. There is also a sushi bar. I did not eat at the hotel, but did enjoy some fine drinks. There is a nice little coffeeshop down the street we at instead, called Kaldi's. There are plenty of restaurants and boutiques within walking distance, all expensive. It is also easy to get to other St. Louis neighborhoods by driving or taking the Metrolink which is right by the hotel. The valet was very quick--quicker than other valets I have been forced to use, so in the end I was happy with the valet parking. The neighborhood is very upscale and might seem a bit stuffy to some. My room had a refrigerator, a mini-bar, and a nice entertainment set up (which I didn't use, but it was quite nice). Beds were very comfortable. I'm sure most people will enjoy a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

What you would expect from a Ritz-Carlton - nice spacious rooms and terrific service. The hotel lobby/bar area could use a bit of updating and while the beds were comfortable, the pillows were not. Will definitely stay there again, but would be nice if they up their game a bit to the high standards that I've come to expect from their other properties.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, St. Louis? Share your experiences!