“Wonderful service - very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7750 Carondelet Avenue, Clayton, Saint Louis, MO 63105 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Clayton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
New Jersey
“Wonderful service - very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

experience was excellent. I a light sleeper and was concerned about noise (and also concerned about a few of the reviews in Trip Advisor) so contacted Eric Howard who is the Front Office Manager and he was fantastic. He made sure my room was quiet and a renovated room.

The hotel had an very good breakfast and the staff wasvery attentive. I do not understand some of the previous reviews that were unhappy with the breakfast. (By the way, have a made to order omelet - they are outstanding.

Note that the weekend parking is free and there is self-parking so you do not have to pay the valet fee noted on the web site if you don't want to. (They also have a nice workout room if you choose to use it.)

(And yes, some of the hotel still could use a facelift, but I would not be concerned.)

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much, ams44! On behalf of our entire staff, we’re so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I thank you for your compliments and I’m so glad that I could be of assistance. It seems that you really enjoyed your stay – and that is a reward in itself! I hope you will come see us again next time your travels bring you to St. Louis. Until next time, best regards and safe travels! -Eric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good location but needs some updates. Our room looked nice but beds sagged like hammocks without the breeze or sunshine! Bathrooms were tiny. Hallways were in need of freshening up. Breakfast was good. We found the location very central for St Louis but I'm not sure we would choose her again with a family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Your opinion means a great deal to us; thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for providing feedback. I am so sorry that you didn’t find comfort in our beds. Crowne Plaza Hotels maintain a high, consistent standard of bedding, and we very rarely hear anything except praise and compliments about our mattresses. Our location is great for adults, but I can certainly understand your point of view when it comes to traveling with family. We are located in a business/financial district – and although there is plenty for families to do within a short distance, options may be limited within the walkable surrounding area. We do hope to see you again and thank you for staying with us! –Eric
Guilford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel is well located, but in need of renovation. It looks old and tired. The hotel was catering to a large group and also had a wedding party while I was there. Remnants of the night's festivities in the form of glasses and beer bottles were still present when I left at 6 the following morning. Some of the staff could use a little guidance in etiquette, such as not addressed guests by their first names, and slowing down when answering the phone. The restaurant is dark and dreary and feels and looks unclean. Close to airport and has free shuttle service, which is a plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, littlebeebville, for taking the time to share your feedback with us. The hotel is clearly under current renovation, and as we move towards the slower winter season, we look very forward to completing the majority of our projects. This time of year is a busy time for weddings, and we are pleased to have them at our hotel. I am sorry if you did find their remnants early in the morning before housekeeping could get everything cleaned up. I thank you for your suggestions and will share them with my staff. I am glad to know you found convenience in our complimentary airport shuttle service. We thank you for staying with us and we hope you’ll return to us next time – I hope by then the renovations will be complete and you will be happy with our improved property.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a hotel on the west side of St. Louis with easy access to a Metrolink station and the highway (I-64). The Crowne Plaza in Clayton met those needs perfectly, and at a reasonable price.
Every single staff person we encountered at the hotel was extremely nice and helpful. While making our way from the parking garage to our room (with luggage in tow), an employee on the cleaning staff happened to walk by and immediately stopped to make sure we knew how to find our room. She pointed us to the right elevators and even told us which direction to turn once we exited the elevator on our floor. Our king sized bed was comfortable, and it was especially helpful to have a mini fridge and microwave in our room. We found the room to be clean and satisfactory. Our only complaint would be that sound does carry through the walls. While in the bathroom, I could hear our neighbors using the toilet and shower, as well as snippets of conversation. This didn't bother us at night, though; we had the air conditioning on and couldn't hear a thing.
The Clayton Metrolink station is only 2 or 3 blocks away and about a mile away, we found a giant shopping district which includes the Galleria mall complex and many, many other stores. We had access to everything we needed, including downtown St. Louis - which was about 10 minutes away by car and 20-30 minutes away by Metro.
The room also included a free breakfast; but, we did not partake, so I cannot speak to the selection. Still, not many hotels offer free breakfast, so this could definitely be considered a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Our wonderful staff loves nothing more than to hear that you found us to be friendly and helpful – so again, thank you! I am glad you found value in your stay and that you had everything you wanted within reach! We look forward to having you with us again next time you’re in St. Louis. Best Regards & Safe Travels!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Outside appearance is like of an up-scale hotel. Main lobby looks really nice and that's where it ends. The front desk personnel could be more friendlier. Hallways were remodeled at one point in time but the work was never completed. A/C in our room sounded like it was going to explode. I notified the front desk in the morning, and the lady said thanks for letting us know. No fan in the bathroom. Parking is free which is a plus. Complimentary breakfast was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are always looking for opportunites to improve, so I welcome your contact at the hotel directly. I would very much appreciate your opinion as to what we could have done better. I do apologize for the issues with your A/C. When traveling, it is always my suggestion to alert the front desk of any issues you experience right away so that it can be fixed. I am very glad to know you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast though! I look forward to hearing from you. -Eric
louisville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel just felt dirty. I think our rooms were in the older, unrenovated section of the hotel although the photos supplied here do match our rooms. The hotel staff were all helpful and friendly. I almost pulled out my iPhone to take photos of the dirty caulk around the bathroom sink but didn't. The marble baseboard to the side of the toilet looked like it hadn't been dusted off in years, it was literally caked with filth. The lamps in our room were "flourescent" type and barely lit the rooms. I couldn't see to get things out of my suitcase.

Room Tip: My advice: don't stay here, or ask to stay in newer, more recently renovated rooms, if they exis...
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you were dissatisfied with your stay because we do value your patronage. Please be assured that I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping department, and I sincerely thank you for bringing them to our attention. With regards to the light bulbs, I completely understand what you are talking about. Earlier this year we had tried the energy efficient bulbs, but we did notice they don’t get quite as bright as others. We are currently in the process of replacing them all with standard bulbs. Most of our rooms have already been renovated, but I would be interested to know which room you stayed in. I would welcome your call or contact at the hotel directly and would be happy to help in any way that I can. Thank you!
Roaming Endlessly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've stayed in several different areas including downtown St. Louis and outside the city. This was our first visit at this location. My impression of downtown St. Louis is that it's so dirty, not a pleasant place to be outside or even walk down the block, in my opinion.

This Crowne Plaza and its location were such a refreshing change. The hotel itself was clean and even fresh smelling in all the public areas. The attached parking garage is convenient if you have a car. A breakfast buffet was included and it was terrific with lots of hot choices. The fitness center had the typical hotel equipment but plenty of options and space. Hotel staff was friendly from the front desk, restaurant, anyone we passed in the hall.

It was a little odd to not have carpeting in our room, I don't think we've experienced that in an American hotel before but, we prefer it from a cleanliness standpoint. The surrounding area is great if you want to get outside and stretch your legs, but if you're looking for shopping or restaurants you'll have to drive or take their shuttle.

A great experience and we’d definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much Colette & Jim for reviewing our hotel! I am so happy to know you enjoyed yourselves and the lovely city of Clayton in general! You are right – Clayton is a very nice, clean city and we love it too! There are so many nice restaurants nearby and the best part is that you don’t need a car to get around! On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your kind words and we hope you’ll come back and see us next time you’re in St. Louis! Best regards and safe travels! –Eric
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 409 reviews
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel? Share your experiences!