“Disappointed before reservation was made.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel

You added Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7750 Carondelet Avenue, Clayton, Saint Louis, MO 63105 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Clayton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Champaign, Illinois
“Disappointed before reservation was made.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I called the front desk to make a reservation and was greeted with, "ThankyouforcallingthheCrownePlazamayIputyouonholdplease?" She said the right words, but that was it. I tried to say, "Actually, I just need reservations, please." Hoping to be transferred. But, I didn't have the word, "Actually" out of my mouth before I heard a click and the hold music. Don't ASK me a question (Can I put you on hold?) if you aren't going to wait for an answer. What a terrible first impression. I'm sure she was busy but that is no excuse for this. I booked the reservation through their 800 number (wasn't blown away by hospitality there, either. But they weren't rude, at least). However, I am honestly not sure if I'm going to keep it. I was making a reservation for my boss and will recommend we book elsewhere instead.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
cpclayton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
I would like to apologize for the service you received during your phone call. She may have been busy but we still must at all times offer the service our guests deserve! We will review your comments with the team and use this as a tool to coach on best practices! I hope you do not reconsider your boss’s reservation. If would allow us a second chance I know that we will deliver the service and accommodations that you and your boss expect!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I've been traveling with 5 colleagues for the past 5 weeks on a road show and we all agreed that this was by far the worst hotel we have stayed in, not only on this road trip, but ever including our personal travels. The hotel is old and not well maintained. The rooms were grimy, the furniture mismatched. All of the rooms have the fake wood laminate floors that were sticky. My headboard had a missing piece. Parts of my room look like they hadn't been cleaned in months maybe years. The elevator smelled. As part of our hotel stay, we received free breakfast vouchers. Food tasted like it came from a can. They have a shuttle service with multiple shuttle vans but 1 person to shuttle people around so if that one guy is out, you're SOL. Save yourself the trouble and stay at the Ritz down the street.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
We sincerely apologize for the issues mentioned above during your stay. We strive to ensure our guest’s satisfaction at all times, and we rely on their feedback. We always ask guests to address issues like these while they are physically here at the hotel so that we can make it right before they leave. Unfortunately since nothing was mentioned during your stay, we can only offer you our apology. However, we invite you to contact us directly and give us a chance to earn your satisfaction.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Kim Phillips
Assistant General Manager
Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Usually CP's are older hotels that the original franchise wasn't willing to spend the dough to update. Then CP comes in. This hotel fits that exactly. It's pretty dated, but we found it to be completely comfortable for a one-night stay. The location is nothing special for tourism, but they have a free shuttle driver that can take you to near by more interesting areas. Self park was very reasonable considering the area. Only six dollars.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

From the reviews I've read, this is a tale of two hotels. From what I can gather there are a couple towers--the good one and the one I was in.

Room one: cheap fake wood floor; wall paper pealing up from the trim; banged up furniture. Worst of all: the door was some sort of Formica-like material, had a very noticeable chip, and was literally coming off the door jam (would close unless forced). The place looked like something out of a Coen brothers movie.

Called down to ask for a better room, one with carpet at least.

Room two: pretty much like room one, but with the trim on the floor pulling away from the wall and a bunch of small paint chips (I hope) by one of the walls.

Went down and returned my keys. The front desk was good about me leaving.

Life goes on for me, but if I was the owner of the Houston Greenspoint Crowne Plaza (gorgeous hotel--highly recommend it), I would be furious. This one is ruining the brand.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

The moment I walked in the door I experienced top notch service. The doormen were well knowledged on the area and the "go to" spots for restaurants and liesure. Very friendly service and the courtesy call to make sure everything was to my likings, put the cherry on top! The room was spotless and the king size beds are plush. I haven't slept this well in a while. The hotel taxi service was great too! I had 2 business meetings and they were more than eager to make sure I get to them back and forth on time. The Plaza Grill & Restaurant was excellent. The food was reasonably priced and made to perfection. I ate there 3 times in my 2 day stay and every meal had its signature style which was satisfying to my taste buds! Overall a GREAT experience! I would definitely come back. Thanks Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

Stayed here just one. night. I was flying in and driving back and this was the furthest hotel from the airport that had shuttle service. FYI, the shuttle van was obviously not well maintained as the brakes sounded like they were going to fail. I am sure (and hope) this vehicle was taken out of service that day. I was in on a weekend and the rate was great for such a nice hotel. Room was clean and spacious. Bar and restaurant are on-site and very nice. Thanks again to the bartender who gave me such a generous pour of Glenlivet! Did not have an opportunity to use many of the amenities, but I am sure they were nice. The staff were polite and very accommodating. Would certainly stay here again if business brought me to this part of St. Louis.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Despite a friendly, competetent staff, our stay was marred by disappointing facilities. One of the two elevators serving our room was not working during the three days we were there. The restaurant was just plain dirty. Because windows were intended not to open, we were dependent on the airconditioner, which did not adequately cool the room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza St. Louis - Clayton Hotel? Share your experiences!