Could easily be a solid 4 star hotel (certainly no 5* here).
- Very convenient location. One of the closest hotels to Washington Univ, the Zoo, and many shopping areas.
- Very well maintained. Clean.
- Friendly staff.
- Restaurant on premises, not too expensive and decent food.
- Nice bar and sitting area outside the restaurant
- The typical Sheraton problem: charges $10/day for wireless per room PER DEVICE, and does not have wired, so now way around it. You either do all your work and play in the lobby area, pay the extra for the concierge level (free there), or absorb the crazy costs, We have a family of four, each with a laptop and tablet. That comes to $80/day for internet, absolutely ridiculous. This also is not told to you on the online page when you pay. When it went to charge me again for my 2nd of 8 devices, asked the front desk and was told it was "clearly spelled out" in the middle of page 2 of two sheets they have taped on the ledge of the check in desk. Bad enough to charge you more than $10 per room per day, but at least warn about this online when you sign up. Terrible policy, and frankly, will keep me away from ANY Sheraton until they change this.
- Showers! Oh boy. Water pressure is good, which is surprising that there are so many issues. It takes about 90 seconds for any adjustment you make in the water temp to "register", so always chasing changing it. But the big problem is if anyone near you is showering at the same time, water temp constantly changes from ice to scalding. Add to that the delay in what comes out when you change the handle, it makes for a frustrating and dangerous experience. We learned to shower at weird times, like 8:30pm. Worked fine at that time.
- Parking lot ($14/day) is a bit strange, the 2 underground floors dimly lit (which you have to drive through completely to get out - huh?), and to then get into the hotel, force you to walk up/down the up/down ramps. Almost got run over several times.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for taking the time to share your complete review of your experience at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. Your “Pro” comments are a very nice description of our property. With respect to your “Cons”, it sounds like we did not do a sufficient job explaining the cost effective alternatives available to those with multiple internet service requirements. The Sheraton Club is available as an upgrade for only $30 per room, per night. Included with this would be a complimentary internet connection for each of your family members…as you described. In addition, however, you and your family would have also enjoyed complimentary breakfast, afternoon refreshments and snacks and evening offerings…a value much greater than the $30 upgrade fee. I apologize for the Front Desk Associates not doing a better job explaining the Sheraton Club benefits. In addition, they know better than to handle your comments about the fees in the manner you described. As we do not know your room number from your message, we have instructed the engineering team to spot check every room in the building to assure we do not have the scalding water conditions you described. Such conditions are not the norm.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you again for your in-depth comments. We hope the information provided in this response will encourage you and others to return to our hotel or another Sheraton Hotel world-wide and take advantage of the Sheraton Club benefits.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.