“Excellent management” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
New Jersey
“Excellent management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was planning to stay at this hotel but plans changed. Before the change, I had spoken to Ron Juneman, hotel manager. I must comment him for his concern and actions in trying to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I would stay at this hotel in the future just based on him

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am platinum with Starwood, so I am not sure my experience is typical -- but probably similar for most business travelers. When I arrived, the person at the front desk said ``We've been waiting for you'' as if I were a long-lost cousin, and went into some detail about the hotel's offerings. I ended up upgraded to a beautiful suite, with a nice living area and desk.

On the floor, was a large club room for gold and platinum members which on the night I was there had wine and cheese (and brownees) complimentary, then had an excellent continental breakfast in the morning. I don't watch much TV other than sports, but about the only 2 non-sports and non-news shows I watch are Dexter and Homeland, so I was delighted that the hotel (and I take it most Sheratons) gets Showtime, which I'd much rather have than HBO.

There was also a shuttle to the St Louis/Lambert airport which operated I think on the half hour, at least much of the weekday. So all in all it was a hassle-free, pleasant experience with strikingly good service. I travel to the area now and then, so I will definitely be back in time. (Again, some of the amenities, though not all, are for frequent Starwood guests, so I am not claiming this is typical. Just what I got, which is great.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel has a chance to be pretty good as a value choice in Clayton Mo. We stayed here for three nights and upgraded to the club floor for the breakfasts and the wifi. I don't know if this was such a good deal as the fee for parking is $14 per night. The breakfasts were good to not good at all. If you have to pay a fee for wifi and add breakfasts along with the parking, it is NOT a value for money hotel.
FIX THE SLOW ELEVATORS.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Our Sheraton Club offers free Internet (both in the Club and in your guestroom), complimentary breakfast daily, complimentary evening appetizers and Cocktails (Beer and Wine) daily, 24 hour guest access to a separate computer/printer work station and the Club always has cold beverages, snacks and specialty coffee and teas available 7/24. Parking is at a premium in Clayton. We provide supervised parking where your vehicle is protected from the elements. I’m sorry we didn’t meet with your expectations, but hope you will allow us another opportunity if your travels return you to the greater Saint Louis area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I spent five days and it was perfect. If you want to hold business meetings where you have all the accommodations this is the place. There were no distractions and we got a lot done in a comfortable environment. Most of the the days I ate breakfast lunch and dinner a the hotel and the food was good. I did eat dinner one evening at J Bucks which is on walking distance. The staff was great and friendly. The workout room was also very nice. I wish all my out if town meetings could be held at this location. I had a great expience.

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you don't want to stay downtown, there aren't a lot of great choices in St. Louis. It seems that there are either budget type hotels or the Ritz. I was on a business trip for one night, and I didn't really want to spend the money for the Ritz. I could have stayed at the Chase--which I like a lot, and the area is great - lots of restaurants, etc. But we stayed at the Sheraton. The rooms are small, not very well appointed. The hotel is just tired. It needs an update. The hotel was not expensive, and that's basically why we stayed there. But seriously, you could do better than this hotel. Next time I'd head for the Chase most likely. I'd also give the Ritz a try, but I haven't stayed there in a few years and it wasn't worth the money the last time I was there.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a 'good' room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RonJuneman, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
It sounds as though you stayed in one of our “cozy” rooms that we offer guests looking for a tremendous value in the Clayton area. We are in the process of replacing the case goods in all our rooms. Our shuttle services take our guests to and from neighboring sights and restaurants in the greater Clayton area. We also provide complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport. Many travelers select our hotel as our location provides easy access to the MetroLink which connects to all the major downtown attractions, without dealing with traffic and parking. Thank you for your comments and I hope you will allow us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice the next time you’re the greater Saint Louis area.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel September 20-23, 2012 and was pleasantly surprised. I was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite and although my room was not ready when it was supposed to be, the manager worked quickly and diligently to get me in as soon as possible. After an evening out on my first night there, I came back to my room and saw that the manager had left me a huge bowl of fruit and extra water bottles along with a handwritten note of apology. Who does that anymore? It was a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows, everything was clean - it met my expectations and more.
I actually worked with the several staff members at the Sheraton for about 5 months to plan my 30-year high school reunion, which we had in the Grand Ballroom that weekend, and it was a huge success largely due to the staff's input, suggestions, and attention to detail. We had a great turnout at the reunion and everyone told me what was a great place I picked to hold the event. The Sheraton made me look like a rock star! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and would do it all again in a heartbeat.
This hotel is close to the Galleria's many stores and great places to eat, a little over a mile away, very convenient. The Sheraton had an airport shuttle too, which was wonderful.
I would stay at this hotel again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone that needs to be in the Clayton or surrounding area.

Room Tip: If you can get upgraded to a one bedroom suite, do it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cape Town, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed a week while on a business trip. Good hotel with friendly staff. Comfortable, clean and nothing to complain about, but also not anything that really stands out... Conveniently close to a Metro station if you have to commute to down town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!