“Loved It!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clayton
Kansas City, Missouri
“Loved It!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Kenneth Kenneth Kenneth... What an asset to the company. I have stayed many of places and have encountered many of people but this young man tops the chart. I must say its people like Kenneth that makes me hunger to come back for more. The food was awsome and the hotel was BEAUTIFUL. Thank you Sheraton Clayton Plaza for a job well done....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This aging hotel has good rooms and exceptionally nice front desk staff, invariably welcoming and helpful. During my stay there February 27 - 29 the hotel was fully occupied; one elevator was out of order for a remarkable three days, leaving only two elevators. The wait to get into an elevator was on occasion over 15 minutes, a world record in my experience for slowness, and when the elevator came it was jam packed, no room to get in. Guests' used room service dishes stayed out in the hall all night and well into the next morning. Re the restaurant, the breakfast there was all right but the serving dishes for the buffet were old and should be replaced, they detract from the restaurant experience. A face lift for the restaurant would be welcome.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your stay. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us overall. The service elevator had to have some major work done to it and unfortunately was down for almost two months. The good news is it is back up and running as of yesterday March 13 and will resolve the reoccuring issues we have had over the years with that particular elevator. With repairs like these we try and do them when the hotel is slowest with minimum impact to the guest, but this project, as many do took longer than usual. Please accept my apologies and thanks for the feedback. Please visit again soon. I will followup on the comment regarding the dishes in the hallway and could not agree more. We have a process in place to retreive dishes after the guest is finished and will revist that process. We are in the process of replacing some of the items in the restaurant so your comments will motivate us to move quicker on that.
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My daughter only a few weeks ago arrived in a brand new city knowing no one for a very important job interview...Her first personal encounter there consisted of her Sheraton Clayton Plaza courtesy shuttle ride from the airport--she felt welcomed and cared for by the warm and attentive staff from that moment forward.

I returned with her a few weeks later to scope out housing options for her upon her acceptance of the position for which she had interviewed. She had exclaimed about the pleasures and comforts of this establishment, noting that it was an exceptional value, in that it is very reasonable and also extraordinarily guest-friendly. I have to concur completely. This extended even to the initial difficulty of scheduling this second stay : Brianna very kindly and efficiently overcame those obstacles for us in short order (and on very short notice!).

The front desk staff greeted us heartily as we arrived for this second visit: indeed, Rhonda and Lauren remembered my daughter from her brief previous visit to interview, and throughout this subsequent stay of two nights, they were unbelievably solicitous and helpful.
I can mention Ken as well, and I only wish I had made a point of noticing the names of other staff, from shuttle drivers to housekeeping--they were all kind and helpful.

My daughter travels much more than I do, but she claims that the Sheraton Clayton Plaza offers top-notch amenities and service--without pomp or pretense--at prices much below what one would expect to pay for same.

I'm not accustomed to doing this...I just had to! An unqualified rave for the Sheraton Clayton Plaza--for the lovely, comfortable and accommodating place but most especially, for the wonderful, warm, hospitable people there!! THANK YOU! We'll be back in town to visit our daughter who is about to be a St. Louis transplant--see you there!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CHarperGM, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us. I shared this with all my associates and of course Rhonda, Lauren and Ken based on your great explanation of your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. All the best!!!
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My stay at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel was not that great, and I probably would not want to go back. The room was not huge, but had a decent TV. The bathroom was not nice at all, and pretty much everything was very basic. The room included a few bottles of water, but didn't even have a small refrigerator to keep them cold, as most hotels now have. This was not discovered until we got home from dinner, so the leftover food from an expensive Downtown Clayton meal sat on the counter and went bad. We also had a very loud humming throughout the whole floor all night. Maybe it was because we were so close to the top of the building where some of the AC and heating equipment could be, but I think I slept for a total of 2 hours, when I should have had at least 7 hours of sleep.

Room Tip: If you do stay in this hotel, maybe you should try and get a room closer to the ground to see if tha...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CHarperGM, General Manager at Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as we read all guest comments, good and the not so good. I wish I had bigger rooms as well and not knowing exactly what room you were in some are definately smaller than others, but we price those rooms accordingly under the "cozy" category. We hope we will be able to add refrigerators during our next renovation, but we do have an abundance of them for guest use and if requested we would have been happy to provide you with one or let us know in advance and we would be pleased to have it in your room when you arrive. Again not sure what room you were in, but we are checking the higer floors for the hum you mention and possibly could be coming from our equipment room on the 17th floor, but we will search and conquer :). The complimentary bottles of water are in all guestrooms and above the Starwood brand standards. We just feel that offering the complimentary bottles to our guests makes sense. I do hope you give us a chance again and was pleased that your comments were more directed toward some of the physical issues vs. service as that is the area we shine the most. That said we appreciate the feedback and will try and fix some of the items within my control like the humming sound you experienced.
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We decided on Saturday February, 11th that we were going to get away for the weekend and head to St. Louis for the weekend. We looked up hotel rooms on Hotels.com and decided to go to the Sheraton website and book a room. We were treated with exquisite customer service and everyone in the hotel was very cordial, professional and very attentive to our needs.

We will recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family and we definitely will be back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This hotel offers all the amenities you'd expect for a Starwoods property: good food, comfortable rooms, cozy bar, helpful staff, fitness center, heated indoor pool, convenient parking, Budget auto rental office on site, among other things. It's also located in the middle of the St. Louis metro area, in Clayton, which is St. Louis County's government seat. Situated right next to the Forest Park Expressway makes access to the highway system very easy. This is my preferred hotel whenever visiting St. Louis for work or play. Just me this trip but my wife and daughter love it too. This visit was a mix of work and paly but mainly to attend a birthday bash held at The Old Rock House. Terrific long weekend!

Room Tip: No bad rooms. If Starwoods Member, Club floor is great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My son and I traveled to St Louis a few weeks ago. I for work and he for an interview with Washington University. We stayed at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel based upon the recommendation of the University. We found the hotel to be exactly what you would expect on your travels when you stay at a Sheraton. From the doorman's greeting to the receptionist smile, the clean room to all the amenities the hotel had to offer - it was all perfect! Thank you Sheraton for making our stay a great experience. On your next trip to St Louis I recommend you consider staying at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!