“Wonderful Evening!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wonderful Evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I spent New Year's evening at Bar Les Freres with my husband and our adult children. Dinner proved to be a real treat--from the yummy cocktails (champagne cocktails and bourbon cocktails) to soups, salads and main dishes, all were well-made and beautifully presented. We collectively chose a variety options in each category, and none was anything but delicious. The waiters appeared to love their work and were eager to make sure everything met our needs. Prices are very reasonable for the ambiance (think French bistro) and the quality of the food. We'll be back soon!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Louis, MO
“Watch the seats by the wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Four of us for dinner. Food was very good. Excellent and friendly service. We had the Cassoulet, lamb chops and the filet mignon au poivre. All very well received. The restaurant is very small, not unlike, as has been noted Paris restaurants, like say Fetes Galantes. Quite charming. Wine menu is good and not overpriced. I have only one complaint--avoid the love seat against the east wall near the bar. It is too low with no padding. Very uncomfortable. Frankly, a poor choice for seating. By the way, no coffee is served here. Apparently, because Starbucks is in the same building, its lease prohibits sale of coffee by any other tenant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Interlaken
“Perfect for a special night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We had an early pre theatre dinner at Bar Les Freres for our anniversary. What a great job they have done with the decor. We felt we stepped into a small cafe in Paris. The menu was classic French which we love. Service was perfect from start to finish. And what a surprise a complimentary chocolate mousse to share with two delicious brandy Alexanders. My only complaint is that those waiting for tables were forced to stand very near the diners because of the size of the space. An expansion is planned so that will be taken care of soon.

Visited November 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Save the Airfare to Paris.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I really really want to tell you how horrible this place is.. So I can get a table there as often as I want.

We were waiting for our reservation at I Fratellini and decided to have a Kir Royal at the bar. After being in this place we decided to eat there the next evening.
It is right out of a small back street in Paris down to the cast tin bar top! Limited menu items and a couple off menu items. I went in ready to order the Sausage, cabbage and mashed potatoes until I learned they had cassoulet . Two things I will ALWAYS order on a menu is boulliabaise and cassoulet. I was not disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, IL
“Perfect Anniversary Dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our anniversary is on Halloween and has been preempted by that occasion for years. So, two days late, we made an early evening reservation (which you may now do) for Saturday evening. We had just been to Paris over the summer, so we were excited to recreate the experience. I'm happy to say that it was as good, if not better, than overseas!
We started with amazing lobster bisque (with actual pieces of lobster) and a delicious gruyere cheese souffle (with a little spice). I had a very nicely done trout, and my husband enjoyed his steak au poivre (perfectly cooked) and raved about his potatoes. Dessert was good, not fantastic, although we did not get the chocolate mousse with Grand Marnier, a specialty there. Wines were good. Service was attentive and friendly, but not intrusive. Atmosphere was charming, although tiny. Perfect evening, overall! I hope this bistro stays around for awhile.

• Visited November 2013