“Good Breakfast, skip the dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
St. Louis, MO
“Good Breakfast, skip the dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Breakfast at Half&Half was very good but probably not worth a significant wait. Fare was typical of upscale breakfast places (french toast with fancy stuffing etc). Coffee was very good. However, on weekends, the line is frequently out the door for a table, and the food and relatively high prices don't justify the wait.

Dinner at Medianoche was mixed. Having dined there 2 times, the food for me and fellow diners was variable. Great guacomole and chips. Tacos (served as 3 of same kind) are very good with corn tortilla. However, the chefs are pretencious enough that they will not serve a mixed sample (which doesn't even make financial sense); they also "request no additions or substitutions". The 2 entrees I tried were both excellent but not worth the price (probably $5 too high). The mussels with chorizo broth were standard fare but there were at least 5 "unopened" shells.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

very nice breakfast place. freindly service and good prices.

Visited May 2012
Nevada, MO
“The best way to start your day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This place was packed, and we had to wait 30 minutes to get in; and after eating there, it's easy to see why! The food and service are excellent. We had steak and eggs, the cinnamon sugar doughnuts, the blackberry marscapone French toast, oatmeal, fruit salad, and a Bloody Mary. Only the Bloody Mary, which came with a fried pickle, was just okay. Everything else was fabulous! The service is excellent as well. When the oatmeal came late, it was comped before it got to the table. We may go back to St. Louis just to visit this place again! Oh, and to see our daughter!

Visited April 2012
San Francisco, California
“Nice staff, nice space, great food and coffee,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The friendly staff at this restaurant cheerfully served me brunch even though I showed up 10 mins before close. AND it was delicious. Try the salmon hash! Especially good coffee.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unique breakfast selections and one of the best cups of Coffee I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was certain that I had written a review of this establishment (perhaps it was another site) but I don't see it among my past reviews. So, while im on a roll, I felt compelled to give props to Half & Half. Although its been sometime since I had the pleasure of visiting, Half & Half remains as one of the most memorable breakfast spots that I can recall. And the coffee is outstanding! I believe the proprietor was once affiliated with Kaldi's coffee house as the head barista. Forgive me if I've misstated his former role but know this, he knows coffee! So, do yourself a favor and stop by for coffe and some breakfast. (I think they may do lunch as well.)
...I miss this place btw:)

• Visited September 2011