“Bad Comment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chillicothe
Pleasant Plains, Arkansas
“Bad Comment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stopped here and inquired about a room for the night. It was around 5 in the evening on July 16 and a male behind the desk, he looked 30ish, said they were full up for the next 2 nights. He directed me to another motel down the street and I asked about the one across the street. He said he did not know if they rented rooms by the hour or not. I informed him I did not want a room by the hour. I went down to the EconoLodge and stayed there.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChillicotheComfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chillicothe, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your interest in Chillicothe Comfort Inn & Suites! I apologize we were full that evening, and hope we can accommodate your lodging needs in the future! On behalf of the front desk, I also apologize for the comment that was said to you. Please be assured the issue has been addressed. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to provide the best customer service at all times. We would like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boonville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

2nd trip to this hotel this year. Great location at the intersection of Hwy 136 & 65. Walmart, Applebees, Lowes, McDonalds, Casey's and 38 other resturants in the same area. Great staff, friendly, can't do enough for you, even the maintainence and housekeeping people welcomed us back and everyone thanks you for selecting their hotel. The pride of this staff is reflected in their attitudes, cleanleness of the hotel inside and outside, temperature control of this hotel is awsome, stays at a perfect climate continuously. Rooms are nice size, bathrooms are excellent with deep tub & showers, sink counters are large enough to put all your bath/shave items, nice large screen TV. Gym, hot tub, pool and computer center are up to date, neat, clean and accessable easly. Breakfast is awsome, complete, hot, tasty not bland, spacious dining room and a cook that must love her job. Highly recommended stay at this hotel, plenty parking and the price is right.

Room Tip: There are all good rooms, quality, comfort, convenience.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience about your accommodations at our hotel. On behalf of our staff, thank you for your kind words of praise regarding our staff's pride and positive attitudes. We strive to provide the best customer service to all of our guests at all times. We are so pleased we can meet and exceed your expectations. We are committed to total guest satisfaction and we look forward to your next visit!
Beatrice, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

this is a very nice hotel, probably the best of the choice hotel chain that i have stayed in.
i did have to change rooms when i got there because of a moldy smell in one room, but everything else was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to accommodating your future lodging needs!
cadet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

After looking at the reviews on Comfort Inn's website, I booked this room for my husband and I and another couple. The hotel is a beautiful property, very well-maintained, and very clean. Andrew, the guy who checked us in, was so helpful. He said the property was only 2 years old. It showed. We had a 2Q room. Very spacious bathroom. Nice!!!! The only problem I encountered was a double charge on my Discover card. After realizing this on the night we returned, I called the hotel and spoke with Andrew. Our friends paid cash so I was concerned that we had been charged for their room since I had made the arrangements. Andrew explained to me that the one charge was for pre-authorization and the other was for the stay itself. I was not happy to hear about that so I called and spoke to the manager the next day. Judy informed me that this was a Choice Hotels procedure and that it had been done since the 21/2 years that she had worked for them. I explained to her that we travel extensively and had just stayed twice last summer in the Choice Hotel chain and had never incurred this problem before. She assures me this charge will be eliminated in 7 days. It would be nice to know this when checking in. Unlike me who doesn't need to worry about maxing out my credit card, not all people are in that situation. What would those people do? Also, watch for the safe-deposit charge of $2. I wouldn't have caught it on my bill except for the fact that our total didn't match what our friends had paid the night before. When calling it to the desk clerk the next morning, she removed the charge from our credit card. OK, enough! I will get off my soap box. There is an Applesbee's and Quizno's across the parking lot so if you are hungry, you won't have to travel far. It is a very nice place to stay and very convenient to the highway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChillicotheComfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Chillicothe, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your spacious and clean room. I am also pleased to hear how helpful and courteous our front desk staff treated you. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience of the credit card authorization, but glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My friend and I had passed this hotel but decided to turn around and stop here since we were getting tired and it looked nice from the outside. So glad we did stop here! It is a newer hotel and everything is so clean and the beds were very comfortable. I don't know if all rooms do, but ours had a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The breakfast in the lobby was actually served on real dishes and silverware - not the usual plastic utensils and paper plates. Breakfast was good and plentiful (sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy, fruit, muffins, etc., etc). The hotel has a very nice indoor pool and also a workout room right next to the pool area. The price was extremely reasonable - my AAA discount helped but even without it, the price would've still been reasonable. The only thing to watch for is that there is a safe for valuables in the rooms and the hotel automatically charges a $2 fee for use of the safe. The bill DOES state that they will remove the fee from the bill if requested by the guest - make sure to read the fine print on your bill. VERY pleased with the stay and the staff was very courteous.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad you decided to stop at our hotel for the night! We are pleased to hear how happy you were with the accommodations including our morning breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub. Thank you for your compliments regarding our facility and staff. We look forward to seeing you again!
Maryville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great location right off 36 HWY. This is a newer location and the building is built with a lodge setting. Rooms are great. Has a nice sized indoor pool and hottub so bring your trunks!

Room Tip: Has free breakfast so dont pay extra for it!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear you had a great weekend in Chillicothe at Comfort Inn & Suites! We hope to see you again!
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

On returning from Arizona to Indiana, we go out of our way to make sure we get to Chillicothe in order to stay here. The hotel, staff, and everything connected with it is outstanding. It is a more expensive hotel than we usually stay in, but it is so worth the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Chillicothe? Share your experiences!