“Worked out great” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Andrews, IN
“Worked out great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

While in the St. Louis doing the Arch and Six Flags, we stayed a couple of nights at this place. Check-in was easy, the room was exactly what we needed (2 adults and three kids) with two queen beds and a sofa bed. The bathroom area was a little cramped but the living room area with the snack area was great. Price was reasonable, location was great and the hotel area was real clean. Pool was a little small but adequate, hot tub was large. Would suggest this place for anyone who has plans on the west side of St. Louis.

Room Tip: The rooms close to the elevator have doors that are offset allowing for a quite stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel with four of my grandchildren all under the age of 10. We had a Queen suite with 2 beds and a sleeper sofa. The size of the room was perfect. Everything was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I had not stayed at this hotel for a couple years and not much has changed except the breakfast was much better than before. They do not have a waffle maker any longer, but they now offer more.. choices of ham and cheese and fruits along with another meat, eggs, etc. it was very tasty and the staff kept things filled and hot.
We also used the pool each night of our stay and it was clean not overchlorinated and temp was comfortable.
There is a Walgreens just down the street and there is also a schnucks grocery and several good restaurant choices almost around the corner. it is also in very close proximity to the butterfly house and Carousel.
We had a great stay, and will definately return. I only wish they accepted pets as we would stay there more often if they did.

Room Tip: Rooms just off the elevator have set back doors and seem quieter. They are also closest to the ice...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in Chesterfield for my grandson's high school graduation. We chose the SpringHill Suites for it's location as it is located right off the freeway. Upon arrival, the front desk personell was busy finishing up a conversation that was NOT job related..until the manager showed up. When she showed up, we then became the focus of their attention. We were checked in quickly.The room and bathroom were extremely clean. Breakfast was good, not great. The wait staff was great. They were right on in when it came to replinishing any food that was running low and keeping the tables clean.. On Wednesday night, we came in very late and I noticed our linen had NOT been changed, I was too tired and angry to mention it at that time. Housekeeping came the next morning early and changed our linen, without any apology or excuses or anything. I guess I should have asked the Manager what was their policy regarding this matter, but did not. I did not appreciate sleeping on those sheets for that period of time without them being changed. I ALSO NOTICED, HOUSKEEPING FAILED TO PUSH THE TOP MATTRESS BACK TO THE WALL WHEN SHE FINISHED. We had to push it back to the wall ourselves. One of those days they were having a company Western party at this property. You could tell they were too excited to d o thsir jobs again, until the Manager came in to gently remind them why they were there. I was there at the front desk for at least 3 minutes until someone came out of the office to help me. Three minutes is not a very long time if all of your staff is extremely busy. If that had been the case, someone should have come to the front desk, acknowledged me and offered an apology for the wait. None of that happened!!! It is obvious that shift needs some additional Customer Service training.

Room Tip: If at all possible, request the middle rooms on the second floor. The floorplan is a little bit larg...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The SpringHill Suites in Chesterfield was very nice. We stayed for 3 nights and
our room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We had a bar
area along with a desk and a couch which made it nice for TV viewing. They
offer a very nice breakfast and seating area. There was a swimming pool available
and the motel was very close to the highway which made it easy to drive
anywhere around St. Louis

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We are here for the third time and are very pleased with this h/motel. The staff are knowledgable
and very helpful. We really enjoy having the suite for relaxing before bed. It is spotlessly clean, always appreciated. And now, for the best part, they have the best complimentary breakfast we have experienced in the U.S. In addition to the usual scrambled eggs, bagels,and muffins, the buffet includes fresh fruit (eg, strawberries, pineapple), cheese, cold cuts, and yogurt. The location is great, close to a number of highly rated restaurants and several shopping malls.. This was our first stay at a SpringHill Suites, but we'll definitely look for them in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are well insulated, so it's no problem being near the elevator or ice machine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

it has a nice morning breakfast.....the area is very nice and you have the highway to get on, so it makes everything close....airport is close...it was very easy to get around and going downtown was a breeze.....

Room Tip: close to the airport, close to malls....a very nice place to stay.....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently spent a week at this property while in town on business. Overall, the stay was okay. The staff was very friendly and it was located near a large number of eating places as well as a large mall. It is about 15-20 minutes from the airport.

It is one of the older Springhill Suites I have ever stayed in and it appeared to be a hotel that may have operated under a different name or it was one of the origibal properties in the chain. It looked like it needed some updating in some areas. I was a little disappointed that the room tended to be a bit dark and the bathroom appeared dated. I like bright rooms and this did not fit that at all. One other small thing that drove me crazy. The sink in the bathroom area had one of those water restricters on it which saves water. I certainly understand hotels doing that to save water, but it isn't something I like but I can live with it. Also, I wish they had some foam pillows. Ones in my room were too soft for me.

Ate breakfast at the hotel a couple of times and it is the usual fare for Springhill Suites (waffle maker, cereals, etc.).

Would consider staying there again if my travels bring me back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Chesterfield? Share your experiences!