“Solid Sushi, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tyler, Texas
“Solid Sushi, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Food was solid but nothing special. I don't expect sushi to be low priced, and Oishi certainly isn't. Slightly more than other sushi restaurants of comparable food. Service is ok, but slightly slow.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Consistently Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have eaten at Oishi about 5 times. Each time I go, the service is good and the food is fresh and tastey. I have had their sushi, noodles, soup, and this last time had a salad that was out of this world! The sushi side is priced reasonably especially for the quality. Not sure about the hibatchi side. I hear that is a tad pricier. Very good sushi for this part of the country! I recomment it!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Good: Our server was nice and fairly attentive. Got in quickly on a Saturday night. Not-so-good: Menu was colorful and, frankly beautiful, but overwhelmingly big. We mostly ordered sushi and it came out quickly, plus we ordered a meal of fried rice for our youngest kids to share. We were almost done with our sushi (we ate slowly) by the time the rice came out, so the meal took a lot longer than it should have. Frustrated 15 month old and mommy!! Also, kind of a little thing, I didn't like how our server pinched our glasses from the inside to pick them up and refill them. Just kind of unsanitary. Overall, food was ok, but I'm not sure I'd go back.

Visited March 2014
Sedalia, Missouri
“Great Sushi and nice variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The menu had pictures of all the food, which was very nice. They had a different variety of Sushi which was nice to see. You don't have to eat hibachi style, yet you can order from that menu which is always nice. I found the service average, but only because they were very busy. They probably could use extra staff during busy time to help. Overall experience was great. I would go back when I am in the area.

Visited March 2014
chesterfield
“Place is so overrated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Save yourself the time and money, not anywhere near worth the wait. The management is awful, no customer appreciation. I will never go back even if it were free. They were rude and arrogant. The bartenders were the best part of our night, friendly and personable.
Go to Kobe instead.