“Great Hotel for a Large Group!” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis - Chesterfield
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   355 Chesterfield Center E, Chesterfield, MO 63017   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Chesterfield
Kansas City
“Great Hotel for a Large Group!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stayed at the Drury with my son's baseball team (14 year olds with lots of siblings too). There were about 40 of us and the hotel was perfect for a large group. The breakfast was good, not great (I'm a little picky), the happy hour was really nice and the free popcorn and sodas most of the day was a huge hit with the kids. The popcorn was absolutely delicious. There are so many restaurants right near the hotel, either at the mall (walking distance) or within 1 mile. We mostly did take-out and then met back at the hotel and dined in the breakfast area together. One night the parents all hung out in the same area and had a few drinks - very fun and easy. The pool was nicer than most hotel pools - the indoor/outdoor feature was especially fun for the kids. Rooms were nice size and comfortable. Our room even had a lazy boy chair in it! The location is pretty good - not too far to get downtown, to the zoo, etc. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially large parties.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

We came in town for a week to visit family and friends. I grew up in Chesterfield, so we try to get back every year or two. We visit friends and my parents and two sisters. The Drury was fairly new, and with the four of us (two adults, two children under 10) we got a two bedroom suite.

I liked the fact that the kids would have their own bedroom, plus we had a little sitting room in between our rooms. It had a sofa (I think it was a pull out type) and a little microwave and fridge. We booked essentially a king bed suite connecting to another room (maybe about $250 per night total cost).

The location is probably the best in Chesterfield - right by the mall. It's easy to get to!

The kids liked the pool a lot.

The staff was over the top friendly and helpful. I can't say enough about them! There is a breakfast (which has so much food), and I felt like I was visiting old friends every morning when I went down (I always get up earlier than the rest of my family, so I went down for coffee and cereal, read the paper or watched some news on tv).

It wasn't the cheapest option (we've used Priceline for hotels in Chesterfield and been given connecting rooms a couple of times), but very good as far as location and friendliness.

I highly recommend this hotel also if you are from out of town. Your other options may be a little more out of the way; this hotel is very very convenient and easy to find.

I have been told by friends that the family that owns these hotels (it is a family business) does a lot of support of local charities and schools. It made me feel good to give them my business.

Downside - don't know if this is really something that could be helped, though. I liked the fact that they had a little laundry room off the lobby. Having two kids and being there for a week, I like to do laundry! So, that was a definite plus (not having to lug my laundry over to my sister's house). The washers were having problems a couple of times.

They have a little "business center" which is a small room with a couple of computers. That was helpful to print out our boarding passes to return home.

The furnishings are similar in style to a Homewood Suites or some other 3 star hotel - don't expect the Ritz or maybe even a new Marriott. It's not fancy, but was really great for our family!

• Liked — Location, Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — There are less expensive alternatives in the general area
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Great hotel, great location! If you are going to be staying in the Chesterfield area this is the place to stay. Located next to the Chesterfield Mall, one will find shopping and quite a few food choices (chains and non-chains alike). The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, free wireless and 3 free drinks for happy hour - now for the rate one pays, you can't find a better deal with those freebies thrown in!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We recently had our first stay at a Drury hotel on a whim to stay in Chesterfield after attending a birthday party in nearby Babler State Park. We go to St. Louis quite often and usually stay at the Springhill Suites in Chesterfield.
As we had our dog with us (Springhill Suites does not allow pets) we needed to find a place that was pet friendly. I had contacted the nearby Residence Inn as I knew they accepted pets, but they have a non-refundable pet fee and I wasn't comfortable with that. They directed me to the Drury. We went in and got a room right away with no extra pet fee. Needless to say we were delighted with the room. It had all the amenities a larger upscale hotel would have. It has an indoor and outdoor pool and a beautiful lobby. The beds were comfortable and the towels were soft and fluffy. The rooms are very soundproof, we did not hear anything from the occupied room next to us. They even have a large selection of cable channels, not just local, sports and news channels.
The hotel staff was very accomodating for the dog, and everyone we encountered was cheerful and helpful. The morning breakfast was nice and every evening (even weekends!) they have a nice reception with drinks and snacks.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Liked — Pet friendly
  • Disliked — Not much variation on breakfast items. Served scrambled eggs,sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, some fruits.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

This is a nice 3 star hotel. Very clean with a courteous staff. Beds were very comfortable as well. Rooms are decorated nicely.
Do not go here thinking you are staying at a Marriott because it is not. There is no room service (except from ordering from the steak house across the parking lot). There is a nice happy hour and full breakfast. I would definitely recommend again for a business stay. If you are on vacation, I would probably go to a full service hote.

• Liked — cleanliness of hotel
  • Disliked — room service too expensive
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Naperville, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

The stay started out perfect. The hotel itself is very beautiful, with a full breakfast, and happy hour in the evening. The staff was very pleasant as well. The problem was in the management, and here's why. It all started around 6 am when the people in the room next to us couldn't control their children. Not only did the children scream uncontrollably for 3 hours but the parents screamed at them. So, around 8:30 one of us banged on the wall because we wanted to get at least some sleep before our 5-hour drive back to Chicago. We received no response, so 10 minutes later, my upset boyfriend decided to take his anger out by running. Before he left he hit the adjacent door between the two rooms. After that, the guests next to us ran out screaming at him. So, I came out and asked them to control their kids. At that point, the wife told me to try controlling 4 kids, and when I told her that she shouldn't have had them, she screamed profanities at me and wanted to fight. So, immediately we called the front desk, and wanted to speak to a manager. We told him exactly what happened, and at the same time my boyfriend went downstairs to talk to him... along with our next door neighbor. Now, I should say that my boyfriend is from Morocco, so even though he's white, his skin is darker. The other man was white. We're also in our early 20s. After once again explaining the situation to the manager, my boyfriend was amazed that the manager told him that either he needs to quiet down or he will call the police on us. After hearing that, I went down to talk to the manager, who although apologetic admitted that he couldn't control guests, and that he saw my boyfriend fighting. Clearly ridiculous unprofessional statement with no evidence.
So, my advice is unless you have 4 children and you're a white middle aged man, this hotel is not for you. You will be discriminated against and you might even have the police called on you simply because you want some decent sleep.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Mazatlan, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

We were here for three nights while my husband recuperated from surgery. The handicapped room was very comfortable and well-appointed. It would have been perfect if they would have had a dooestop on the heavy bathroom door. The hot breakfast was delicious and very nicely served. Even though the hotel was full, there was no waiting to be served. Also, the close proximity to the shopping center made finding restaurants simple. The staff, particularly Tim, was most helpful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis - Chesterfield? Share your experiences!