“Not great...very small portions” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 185 Restaurants in Chesterfield
Cuisines: Italian
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not great...very small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our expectations may have been skewed by going on line. Food was marginal. We started with " Toasted ravioli"....let's call it what it is. Either deep fried or frozen and baked. Not bad, not great. Then, a very disappointing Caprese Salad. Three of the smallest basil leaves I have ever seen on top of coagulated balsamic, which tells me this was pre made and then put in the fridge. By the way, we had 6 tomato slices...3 basil leaves the size of a pea.
The pizza we ordered was pretty good, but again, preparation was very lack luster.

Dessert.....$ 6.50 for Tirimisu. I was excited, because I saw a massive home made pan of it in the case of the restaurant. We ordered it...it was about 1" thick and about 4" tall. The usual is a square...and for $6.50 it should have been much bigger. The taste was great....heavy, but great.

Overall, not impressed.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“An authentic gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012 via mobile

I was referred here by the desk clerk at the hotel. Great choice the dishes I saw everyone eating looked great and reading the menu showed a good range of dishes to satisfy any one. I went with appetizers and and caprese salad. Well prepared and full of flavor. I'm not a fan of olives but the ones with salad were awesome. There are a tremendous amount Italian restaurants in St. Louis. So they are doing it right. Brad was my waiter and he was on it. Left him a good tip. I worked in a small family owned italian restaurant as kid, and this place is quality and comfortable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great food at good prices. The staff was very knowlegable and helpful.

Visited January 2012
NY
“Can't believe real Italian in Chesterfield at a shopping plaza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I lived in Sicily for over a year so I feel that I can reliably say this place is delicious and "real Italian." Fresh ingredients, perfectly cooked, seasoned, great service. If someone hadn't insisted I try it, I'd have never eaten at any restaurant in a stip mall/plaza let alone one that claimed to be Italian.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, TN
“Great Meal and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

On recent visit to St. Louis we were lucky to have had Gianfabio suggested by the hotel staff. The food and service were so good that we returned the next evening! I would say that if you're into Italian cuisine, you will be very pleased with what you'll find here. The veal is some of the best you'll find anywhere. The overall rating is primarily based upon value. You get excellent food at a very fair price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere