“Fantastic Italian Cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Italian Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Paul Manno's was recommended to my group for a business dinner. We were not disappointed! This is a smaller, more intimate establishment in a strip mall setting in Chesterfield. But don't let that deter you. The ambiance is very Italian with Godfather pictures abound, the owner walks the floor speaking with patrons, and the service is top-rate. And the food - superb! Start off with the appetizer sampler which included shrimp, lobster ravioli, and I think eggplant or zucchini. It was out of this world. Everyone's main course plates were clean as we all had such good meals. I am not from this area but this was about 25 minutes from our hotel. I would drive over an hour to eat here again if I was in this area. It was that good!!

Visited December 2013

illinois
“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was an excellent dining experience. We were immediately seated at our reserved time. My wife's wine selection was a good choice, it was excellent. My friend had a Manhattan and said it was excellent. My Southern Comfort Old Fashion had a good taste but somehow did not seem to have any alcohol or very much. The service was timely, not rushed but served in orderly fashion.; salad and later the main dishes. The salad was fair. It had a fair measure of greens but did not seem to be flavorful for me.The penne or rigatoni with vodka sauce was tasteful and delicious. It has just a hint of red pepper, well measured, because one could taste it but not overpowering. Our friends had the lasagna and it was delicious also. The servings are large and food is served quite hot. It seems many restaurants serve food warm but not hot. Our server was polite, friendly and timely in delivering the dishes. The atmosphere is warm and friendly but with a packed restaurant the noise level can be high.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exceptional Sicilian food. Great ambience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

On a recent visit from the Uk. We booked at Paul Manno's, on recommendation by friends and trip advisor reviews. We weren't sure as we approached the entrance, which is in a small shopping area, black windows gave no indication of what was inside. Only a small insignificant sign told us we had arrived. The doors opened and we entered the world of a small, understated, but elegant New York "Brat Pack" Sicilian restaurant. What a surprise!! The decor was immaculate, the service attentive and knowledgable, the wine list and advice very good. As I always judge a new Italian restaurant on its Lasagne, I was pleased to see a home made " Mama's" recipe on the menu. This was exceptional, with beautifully subtle flavours. The Tiramisu was also home made and again was scrumptious. We will be booking again this week as we are in the USA again. Definitely worth a visit, I am sure it will become a regular eating place for us when we are in Chesterfield. Excellent !!

Visited October 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Food is good, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have read many good reviews for this restaurant, and had high hopes. Restaurant staff below expectations in nearly every area. We were first of party to arrive and settled in at the smallish bar, where it took about ten minutes from ordering for them to make a cosmo and a martini. Once entire party arrived, we were ordered, brusquely in all our opinions, to move to our table.
Food quality was very good; veal chop special and rack of lamb stood out. Service, again, inattentive. I ordered a Super Tuscan by the glass as entrees arrived at the table and never saw our server again until he placed my wine next to my now-empty plate. When it was time for the check, the concept of dividing that check resulted in our server mumbling something about antiquated equipment and his inability to comply (to be fair, we did not inform him ahead of time, but is it really the norm for one person to pick up the tab for a large party?). We ended up giving him one credit card per couple and splitting evenly, but we were all made to feel a bit uncomfortable doing so.
Restaurant is dimly lit, noisy, and the Rat Pack kitsch is applied with the finesse of a fire hose. At these prices, there are at least forty places in town where I'd rather be. They obviously have their fans, but they certainly didn't come close to winning me over on this, my first, and probably last, visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester
“Unexpectedly delicious experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

It's almost impossible to expect much when you pull into a bland shopping mall and walk to the nondescript entrance to Paul Manno's. Once stepping through the door though, you are in for an authentic italian experience that takes you backstage to the Rat Pack era. Food and wine are excellent, and service top notch. I won't make bold predictions about it being the best in town, I will just say that it exceeds expectations based on where it is, and it is priced right. Enjoy it!

Visited October 2013