“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Chesterfield

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Chesterfield to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Chesterfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18375 Chesterfield Airport Road, Chesterfield, MO 63005   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Chesterfield
Perryville, Missouri
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel before and loved it so we decided we would stay there again. It was a little out of the way but we had a jacuzzi suite before that was very spacious and we were traveling with 3 kids so we decided we would go for the extra space. I didn't get the jacuzzi suite but I did get a suite. When I checked in she said Jr. Suite which caused concern but I figured I would go check it out. It was barely any different than the standard room. We were supposed to have a rollaway bed but there wasn't a chance that it would have fit in there if I had to. I said something to lady at the check-in desk and she told the jacuzzi suites are the only rooms that are that big and she didn't have any available. I would probably even accept that but they need to change the pictures on the website because the pictures they show look like the jacuzzi suite rooms which is why I believed that the room was similar. If I wouldn't have had the false expectations I don't guess I would have been disappointed but I wouldn't have stayed there either. The breakfast is good but they really need a bigger seating area and the pool is fairly small also.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Metro Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

While visiting relatives in SW suburb of St.Louis, we chose this Comfort Suites due to location which spared us much big-city driving. It's obviously an older property & could use some updating like newer more comfortable beds. On the plus side, our suite was spacious, AC was quiet; TV with tons of channels was best we've had anywhere. Staff was friendly & efficient. Parking was ample & hotel location was quiet in spite of being near small local airport. Breakfast was standard fare. OK. Just a few miles down the road were oodles of good restaurants & other shopping. For negatives: shower & stool area were a tiny little space, really cramped. Separate vanity had poor lighting. Room needed some deep cleaning, especially carpet. In fact elevators & common areas needed extra attention too. Didn't use the pool but having one at home, we can spot special needs. It didn't look inviting. Not sure that we'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Inquire if room is next to housekeeping, electrical room, elevator or ice machine. Check room thoro...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Newer appearance. My wife and I needed an overnight stay in the West County area while traveling; booked this location thru Travelocity. Arrived late evening and were not able to partake of the evening snacks. The Desk Clerk was friendly accommodated preference for king over 2 queen beds. Arriving at the room, the door was propped open via the security lock; bit disconcerting to enter a dark, unlocked room.

Very comfortable bed. Room temperature regulated through the heat control settings on the A/C unit, no wall thermostat.

Most negative factor related to the lack of hot water for morning showers!! We had approx. 2 mins of hot water, followed by ~5 mins of luke warm, and then-- ice cold! The FrontDesk took our complaint, apologized, but offered no compensation because reservation was booked thru Travelocity. Later reviewed the matter via phone w/ Travelocity for a satisfactory outcome.

Indoor pool, is small, but clean. Non-smoking rooms appeared to be contained to the 3rd floor, no trace of smok(ing) in the non-smoking room on the 2nd floor.

Exceptional breakfast area, and excellent breakfast, included. Above average attention by staff to the breakfast area. This area contained a large screen TV, dated (rear projection?) annoying pink color tint. Our room had a CRT TV, not a flat panel, LCD. The TVs in this newer hotel, appeared more dated than the rest of the building.

Internet was free, but wired only, no wireless.

Overall, the hotel is a nice place to stay with easy access via east driveway entrance which has a traffic light vs. the main drive entrance.

Since I like a hot shower vs. a hot cup of coffee to get me going in the morning, I'd be hard pressed to stay here again w/o reassurances the hot-water problem has been resolved.

HINT: Using the road / driveway to the east of the property vs. the one leading directly up to the front of the hotel, has a traffic light. Exiting the hotel onto Chesterfield Ariport Rd when busy, is much easier at the traffic light.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
flowers52
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We really needed rooms for the evening we stayed there. They checked a few times as they had a group there already of a ball team tournament and finally found a room for us. The desk staff was great. A great room at a great price. We wanted non smoking at first i thought i had a smoking room as we were walking down the hall as i am highly allergic to smoke but when we reached our room it was truely smoke free. A great nights sleep. Easy checkin and check out even though we arrived around midnight no problems. A shuttle took us where we needed to be the next day free of charge. A wonderful breakfast with lots of choices. Everything was neat and clean. All hotel employees were very helpful. We even saw a bunny rabbit out our window the next am. I would do this again for the purpose we wanted which was a clean room for the night. The bed was great to sleep on. They have in room coffee maker and microwave.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Greenwood, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

This hotel just wasn't up to the standard of quality that I've come to expect from Comfort Inn and Suites. Check in went fine and the girl at the front counter was very nice. The room was adequately clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. The main issue I had was that the drain in the bathtub was stopped up - leaving you standing in about 6 inches of water by the end of the shower-disgusting! - and taking another 30 minutes to drain. I called the front desk and informed them of the problem and was told someone would be sent up to fix it. We then left for the day and didn't return til late that evening. The next morning - the same problem - it hadn't been fixed. I informed the front counter person when we checked out, who told me that she didn't know if anyone had been to the room or not to fix it. This just wasn't acceptable.

The other problem was the breakfast - selection was very meager and they were constantly running out of everything. The waffle iron was supposedly not working right - we were told that the waffles were sticking too much, so no waffles. Apparently they could only heat up 6 biscuits at a time - so constantly out of those as well. Very small selection of donuts and bagels, and out of coffee, creamer, forks, etc. You get the picture. The trash cans were overflowing and the tables were dirty. There was only one person trying to do all the preparation, stocking, cleaning etc and she just couldn't keep up.

So, this stay wasn't a pleasant one and I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone else.

Stayed August 2008
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in early August. I had reserved a jacuzzi suite, got downgraded on check in to a regular room because the other jacuzzi suite(s) were inoperative (no a/c) and the guests there on a multi-night stay had to be relocated to the room we had reserved. The girl on check-in was very nice and touched base with a supervisor who approved comping us the regular room we had to be downgraded to. That was very nice. Upon checkout, the girl working the desk said i'd still get points to my choice priveleges account, but i didn't, which was dissapointing, as i had fully intend to pay for a jacuzzi room, get a jacuzzi room, and pay for it to get the points.

Other than that the room was clean and nice. Breakfast was good but the breakfast room was not stocked well - at 9 AM they'd run out of half their items and lots of the tables hadn't been cleaned. But on the whole it was a good property- i'd certainly stay there again.

Stayed August 2008
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2006

I waited a while before writing this review to give myself time to gain some 'perspective' on our stay. Unfortunately, time has not changed how we felt about our stay at Comfort Inn & Suites, Chesterfield, MO.

We booked two rooms, one for my husband and self, the second for his 81 year old mother - adjoining rooms if possible. This request was fulfilled.

Sadly, when a hotel books blocks of rooms for 'family reunions' they do not need to let anyone else know this information. When we arrived, we followed a Greyhound sized busload of family members into the hotel - approx. 100 persons - with others arriving in autos. It is unknown to us just how many 'family members' were in this group, but the number was SUBSTANTIAL. We were not the only patrons to suffer due to this group and its activity.

They were polite enough, but the sheer numbers of them and the fact that they never went to bed just made for a horrid stay.

The adults in the group got onto the bus and went to the Casino and left a few older adults (probably grandparents) to watch dozens of children - who overloaded the pool, roamed the halls until wee hours and slammed doors every few seconds (this is NOT an exaggeration) and flushed toilets constantly.

They did not quiet down until after 2 a.m. No one else in the hotel could sleep until these folks decided they were ready to sleep.

The people in the room above had kids jumping from the bed to the floor for hours. Front desk told us there were only two small children in the room.

Repeated calls to the front desk were to no avail. I don't think they could really handle this situation - for various reasons.

We asked to be moved to a quieter floor. My husband and I did move, but my mother in law was already in bed and has difficulty dressing and walking and was exhausted and just could not move that night.

The next moring they assured us that when we came back that evening, her things would be moved into the room next to ours. We got back to the hotel at about 9 pm and, surprise, her bags were missing. She was near tears by this time. Fortunately, the bags were found in another room and brought to her room.

The new rooms on the upper floor were just as noisy, if not more so, than the previous rooms. More family members had arrived for Saturday night to join the reunion. So, it was a repeat scenario - laughing, doors slamming, etc. until 2 a.m.

The pool area was taken over by the family reunion group - another patron said his daughter was kicked in the head and nearly drowned. He was just as upset as we were.

The morning breakfast room was FULL from the beginning of the serving hours to the end with the family reunion - it was impossible to even find a table for our mother - so we left and went to a restaurant for breakfast. So much for any hoped for savings on breakfast. No apologies made. You would think that after staying up all night, these folks would sleep in - oh no, guess they couldn't miss the FREE breakfast that we were forced to miss.

Subsequently, I got the name , phone and email address of the manager and called him three times the following Monday and left my name and work and cell numbers and sent him emails, telling him how disappointed we were with our stay. That we felt we had as much right to a nights sleep as anyone, that is why most people get rooms for the night - to sleep.

He never returned any of my phone calls. Not one. I then contacted the corporate office of Choice Hotels (my sister is an employee and suggested I call and let them know how distressed we were.

Sadly, even though the customer service folks were very kind, and listened patiently, and sent a letter on our behalf to the manager of the hotel in question, ultimately, nothing was done and no overtures were made in the way of an apology. My sister expected us to at least get a coupon for a free stay.

The manager at the Chesterfield, MO Comfort Inn & Suites told Choice Hotel's customer service folks that he had written to me. No letter was ever received from him. A 'copy' of his supposed letter was forwarded to me from Choice Hotels Corp. Office.

Basically, it was a 'too bad, so sad' letter that offered no apology (not sincere, anyway) and not even a coupon for a night elsewhere. WE WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN if this is the way the manager deals with regular guests.

Corporate told me that the 'group sales division' books the groups and they cannot let other customers know when the hotel will be filled to capacity in a situation like this. Filling the hotel to capacity with regular guests is NOT THE SAME as filling it to capacity with people who all want to swim together at the same time, eat together at the same time and stay up all night together!

I guess this could happen anywhere - although this is a FIRST for us in 38 years of traveling. We expected more from both the Hotel itself and Choce Hotels Corporate office. Turns out the hotel is 'independently' owned and no one would give us the district manager's name and contact information. Choice Hotels said they could do nothing for us - not even a coupon from them!

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Do what you will with this information.

Exhausted from Illinois

• Liked — Circumstances made for a horrid stay
  • Disliked — Management's containment of noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Chesterfield? Share your experiences!