“Best Place to Stay In St Louis!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Outlet Mall Savings!
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Chesterfield
SELAH
“Best Place to Stay In St Louis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is actually one of my favorite hotels in the world. I stay in many places in my travels and this hotel is among my top 10 hotels in all categories. They feature a huge fitness club that includes raquet ball courts, yoga, spinning classes, weight lifting, treadmills, eliptical machines, an indoor basketball court, 8 indoor tennis courts and two Starbucks at the facility. They also have an indoor and outdoor pool with hot tubs. The rooms are very nice and they put on an unbelievable breakfast. Their new lobby/bar area is fantastic and they now have plenty of room for you to relax and have a drink and something to snack on instead of going to your room. The restaurants are very good and they give you enough choices that it should satisfy everyone in your party.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner suites if they are available. Lots of room and amenities. Also, when you a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel and it was the worst hotel experience of my life, hands down. First, when I got there, the incompetent front desk staff couldn't find my reservation that I booked through hotels.com. I handed them the confirmation, and they still couldn't get it together. They told me to call hotels.com and figure it out myself while they stood around and made inappropriate, stupid jokes with each other. Alas, 20 minutes later, they had the confirmation in their system the whole time. Fantastic. Now, I've stayed at a few Doubletrees before and typically find them to be nice. This is not the case with this property. The room desperately needed updated, and frankly, it was gross. It looked like the hadn't made a single update in 20 years. Disappointing, but I figured I could deal with it. The second day, my cable goes out...and was out all day. I was actually living in the hotel because I was in between moves, so this was sort of a problem for me, and the front desk staff was completely unhelpful and unprofessional the entire time.

Now, the last (third) night is where it gets really interesting. I came back to the hotel around 9:00pm, only to find that all of my stuff had been taken out of my room! I notified the front desk that my items were missing, despite the fact that this was my third night in the room. I was told that they would look for the items and call me back. Okay. After waiting about 30 minutes, I still had not received a call back, so I phoned the front desk a second time. Yet again, I was told they would look for the items and call me back. I never received a call back that time, either, so I went to the front desk personally. I waited nearly 45 minutes in the hotel lobby for the front desk staff to look for my things that THEY TOOK out of my room, but eventually, they told me that they would look for them later and call me within 30 minutes. What?! It's 10:30pm at this point and I had to be up at 5:00am for work, and had NO STUFF to get ready in the morning! Yet a third time—two hours later in total—she did not follow-up as indicated, so I contacted the front desk a FOURTH time about the issue. At this point, it was almost 11:00pm and I had to be up very early in the morning and needed to know whether or not they had my items, and if not, I needed to go out and purchase some things immediately. They told me that they couldn't find them and to go re-buy everything that was taken out of my room, and that I would be reimbursed. Whatever. So, at 11:00pm, I had to drive to Wal-Mart (the only store open), and bought what I could. I presented them with the receipt and was told I'd be fully reimbursed the next day--no problem. Long story short, I called Doubletree Corporate the next day and told them about my stuff being gone from my room (Doubletree claimed it was a "computer error", and that they thought I'd checked out--but I left all my stuff in there? That makes no sense. And then, they can't even find it?), and the hotel called literally an hour later and "magically" found everything! Funny how things like that happen, huh? And, to make matters worse, the idiot managing the front desk (who wasn't even there that night), decided that they were only going to reimburse me for HALF of what I was out since I was getting my stuff back. In the end, I did get my stuff back (which had obviously been rifled though in great detail) a WEEK later (it took them 3 days just to put it in the mail) and only got half of my money back for what I was out from re-buying everything that night. So, thanks a lot, Doubletree. After having a horrible experience and you stealing my stuff out of my room, now I'm out $110, to add insult to injury. I'll NEVER stay at a Doubletree again.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, you must avoid staying here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Flew in from Boston, worked all day, checked in at 7PM. First room I was given was untouched- bed unmade, towels on the floor. After a visit to front desk I was given a second room. Found second room with door partially open, again partially cleaned-bed unmade, clean linens in a pile on the floor. Third time was a charm, lost a half an hour running from room to room. Third room had a funny smell and HVAC unit did not work. My travel companion found his room unmade upon arrival and they reluctantly came up to clean. Seemed to be some issue with communication between front desk and cleaning crew! Last stay at a Double Trouble!!! By the way never offered a reduced rate, upgrade or free room. How embarrassing!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Lobby had big sheets of material hanging over doorways. This was ok - but we went to check in at front desk and asked "Do you have any carts?". The man said "No". That's it!! Not "I'm sorry sir, but they're all in use right now" or "I can try to find you one". Just "No." Room was okay, the mirrored closet doors had smears all over them. The tub was clean I guess, but looked like it had somewhat of a ring on it. Just mediocre. Not what I expected from a Hilton.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Keokuk, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

a great hotel in every way. best dollar value. great location, comfortable rooms, excellent dining. multiple (3) fast elevators, great pools both in and out. 2 minutes to mall and 20 to downtown.

Room Tip: hh floor # 11
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I was in for a trades how recently. EVERY member of the staff greeted me or said something every time I encountered them. Awesome! Breakfast and bar service were also wonderful. My only complaint was the cleanliness of my room. There were 2 lightbulbs out, children's handprints covering the mirrored closet door, candy wrappers under the bed and the carpet hadn't been vacuumed well. I had higher expectations for a Doubletree, so I was disappointed with the condition of the room.

• Stayed May 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

New ownership leading to new upgrades is a welcome change. I've been staying here for business the last 9 yrs and over time it was getting tired. The new lobby/bar area is a terrific improvement. Well done !. The main restaurant was closed for reno's but the sports bar/restaurant was open. Still a great location in Chesterfield but only if you don't have plans in downtown St.Louis given the distance and rush hour traffic is a huge delay. There is a shuttle to a large Mall close by and 5 min drive down the road a collection of factory outlet/big box stores to pick from is shopping is needed. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rates average. Great facitlity if you like tennis with a huge tennis club on site.....gym/pool pretty good too.

I hope they start renovation the rooms next as some are so weathered the don't look very good in day light. Still comfortable and clean just weathered a lot in some cases. Given they have lots of conferences here the elevators can have long waits....sure wish they had left an access via the stairs straight to the 1st floor ? Lowest level is 2nd floor them a long detour to the pool end of the building to get to the 1st floor....doesn't make sense.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel St Louis - Chesterfield? Share your experiences!